Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across three continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last six months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and entire nations.
The Digital Marketing Officer is a key member of the Marketing Team who manages day-to-day implementation of digital campaigns and optimization of WfWI’s presence across web, email, and advertising.
This position will be focused on digital engagement with sponsors, donors, and other target audiences; responsible for measuring campaign and content successes through regular reports. Working closely with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing, the Digital Marketing Officer will develop online strategies to increase revenue, traffic, and overall brand recognition for the organization.
This position requires a solid understanding of user experience/customer journey, HTML/CSS, digital advertising, email marketing, and data analysis. The role also requires strong project management skills, attention to detail, and a high level of interest in fundraising principles and strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Email marketing program
- Write, build, and schedule email campaigns
- Help develop and build automated email journeys
- Regularly test new email strategies and formats to optimize engagement and revenue
- Segment email lists to support email strategies
- Digital advertising production: search, display, social
- Help develop digital ad strategies, goals, budgets, messaging, and artwork
- Set up campaigns in Google Ads and Facebook Ads Manager
- Regularly monitor ad performance and flag issues
- Serve as liaison with SEO and SEM vendors
- Webpages and widgets
- Create main website homepage heroes, lightboxes, and banners (via Hellobar)
- Build custom donation pages (via Springboard)
- Update online gift catalog (via Shopify)
- Research and test new 3rd party fundraising sites, crowdfunding sites, and web tools that could optimize the donor experience
- Serve as liaison with web developers
- Data reporting and analysis
- Regularly pull data for digital metrics reports
- Track real-time online revenue; provide progress alerts to marketing team members with suggestions to adapt strategy as necessary
- Cross-organizational collaboration
- Act as a champion for digital marketing best practices across the global organization
- Help evaluate the potential application of emerging technologies to support our marketing efforts
- Work closely with the communications team to coordinate website and social media efforts so we can achieve both marketing and brand building goals
- Collaborate with all US departments and UK team to maintain, update, and test websites and ensure accurate and up-to-date content
- Assist the marketing department with recruiting and supervising interns
- Adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policies, and organizational values: Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Resilience.
The duties, responsibilities and activities of this job description may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3 to 4 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, computer science or related field - will consider equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience using a CMS, preferably Drupal
- Experience using a CRM, preferable Salesforce
- Experience using a marketing automation platform, preferable Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience with HTML and/or CSS for web and email production
- Experience in Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and SEO keyword analysis
- Experience running social media ads, including via Facebook Ad Manager
- Experience with a combination of the following skills: developing/managing digital marketing campaigns, list-building, audience segmentation, retargeting, social media community building, SEO, paid acquisition, online fundraising, user experience, web design, and web development
- Strong copywriting skills with a track record of producing high-quality, compelling marketing content tailored to a range of audiences
- Knowledge of and affinity for analytics tools and reporting
- A keen eye for new technologies and emerging trends
- Graphic design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere) preferred
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment while maintaining outstanding attention to detail
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively with a team, in person and remotely
- A commitment to WfWI’s mission - interest in women’s issues and international development
- Masters’ degree, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience working internationally or with international staff
- Passion for online fundraising; former non-profit and/or digital agency experience
Our global core values define how we are to behave as we pursue our mission, our vision, and our strategic objectives:
- Empowerment. We believe every woman is unique and powerful in her own right. Our people are our greatest strength and we will support them to achieve our aims by providing them with the information, rewards and power they need to take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve our delivery and performance. As a learning organization - we encourage our people to take risks and make mistakes, we learn and grow and get better, stronger and smarter.
- Integrity. We will never communicate in any way that exploits or demeans the women we exist to serve, we will deliver a program of training that maximizes the impact for the women we serve to bring them the biggest benefits and facilitate the greatest long term positive change in their lives. we do what we say we are going to do, when we say we're going to do it. We act as good stewards of the organization’s resources.
- Respect. We believe every woman has the right to be treated with fairness and dignity. we trust each other implicitly, confident in the knowledge that we are all working towards the same goals. Equally, we hold each other responsible and accountable at all levels of the organization for the outcomes of our actions. We will be bold, clear and kind in our communication with our colleagues across the organization and not allow disrespectful behavior to go unchallenged.
- Resilience. We see every day the strength of women survivors of war and their ability to never lose hope despite having faced the greatest atrocities and horrors of conflict. They inspire us to stay strong, hopeful, focused and committed to our global purpose. We support each other to do the same.