22 East 60th Street
French Institute Alliance Française (http://www.fiaf.org)
22 East 60th Street
New York, New York 10022
Position Summary: The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) seeks an experienced candidate for the open position of Communications Director. Under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the Communications Director is responsible for all FIAF public relations, content creation, and social media.
- Create, implement, and oversee strategies and timelines for communications, public relations, and social media.
- Devise press strategies, write press releases, distribute press materials and media packages, maintain media contact lists in diverse fields, obtain preview articles press listings and reviews, and manage press archives, photos and digital files.
- Create dynamic institutional and editorial content for all of FIAF’s channels, including the website and social media.
- Work closely with artists and programming teams to understand each project to best determine communications roll-out.
- Coordinate with members of the press as well as the press departments of partner organizations to keep FIAF’s message/brand consistent.
· Manage and maintain the monitoring and analytics systems to track traditional media and social media engagement, including important news items.
· Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of FIAF news/announcements.
FIAF’s Principal Activities:
· Language programs in NY and NJ
· Cultural programs, including two large-scale, multi-disciplinary performing arts festivals per year
· Cinema (weekly film series, special film premieres, and new Animation Festival)
· Special events (Art de vivre series specializing in fashion, décor, beauty, etc.)
· Talks, conferences, panel discussions, and lectures with authors, politicians, celebrities, etc.
· Art exhibitions
· Culinary/wine events
· Children’s programs and educational outreach
A minimum of five years of proven successful experience in press or media relations is preferred. The individual must have the ability to supervise and/or direct activities in the area of public relations and social media. The individual must also possess very strong skills in written and spoken English, an acceptable level of computer literacy and familiarity with communications software including, but not limited to, MS Office, Adobe, databases, HTML, and FTP, and must be able to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment. Good human relations skills are a must, as is the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment. Advanced French language skills are ideal, though not required.
Benefits include: Life, health, dental and vision insurance, generous vacation policy, FIAF Membership (includes free film screenings and invitations to a variety of cultural and arts-focused events), relaxed work environment.
French Institute Alliance Française is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3), non-governmental organization incorporated in the state of New York. Its mission is to promote and enhance the knowledge and appreciation of French and Francophone culture, to increase the knowledge of the French language, and to encourage interaction among French, Francophone and American people through programs in education and the arts.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Qualified applicants should send resume and thoughtful cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only be able to contact applicants we would like to meet for interviews. No phone calls please.