The Global Partnerships Analyst is part of the wider Development team, that focuses on building out sustainable global strategies and increasing revenue streams that will further Room to Read’s goals. The Global Partnerships team comprises of Strategic Partnerships (government, bilateral and multilateral opportunities), Stakeholder and Community Engagement, and Corporations and Foundations. The Analyst will be responsible for supporting the administrative and core activities of the Global Partnerships team.
This position will eventually report to the Associate Director, Corporate and Foundations, but in the interim will report to the Senior Director of Global Partnerships based in New York. This is a full-time position based in either Room to Read’s New York or San Francisco offices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Cross Team Support (10%)
- Support the Senior Director, Global Partnerships by performing administrative functions, including coordinating meetings, pulling and updating information and reports from Salesforce, supporting fundraising activities and other needs as and when they arise.
- Organize team meetings and cross-team/departmental meetings. Duties include managing agendas and attendee lists and sending out post-meeting notes and follow-up items.
- Lead the onboarding process and materials for new and existing staff throughout the organization.
- Manage the email@example.com email inbox, providing superior customer service support and handling incoming inquiries.
- Support ad-hoc duties of Global Partnerships team as necessary
Stakeholder and Community Engagement (30%)
- Set up field visits - for various types of stakeholders including individuals, corporations, chapter leaders and media. Provide clear, timely and engaging direct correspondence with Room to Read country offices, development market offices, and visitors.
- Support administrative functions related to donor Journeys (group travel). Duties include invitation creation and tracking, the collection and tracking of participant information, invoicing, coordinating logistics, and developing appealing and relevant materials for preparing trip leaders and participants.
- Support administrative functions related to Room to Read’s global Chapter network of volunteers, including maintaining records, developing resources, and supporting engagement initiatives.
- Collect and track information on volunteer opportunities for corporate employees. Support with the coordination of volunteer activities.
Corporations and Foundations (30%)
- Support Global Partnerships team with proposals, reporting, and donor requests. This may include writing, editing, creating external presentation decks as well as designing materials on Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Work in partnership with Finance team to collect and submit all cause-marketing partner documentation needed to maintain non-profit status.
- Manage the gift-in-kind book donation review process in partnership with the Corporations and Foundations, and Stakeholder and Community Engagement sub-teams.
- Adapt and create mass marketing emails for events and targeted corporate partner employee campaigns.
- Support the development of global CF fundraising materials, including partnership case studies, fact sheets, brochures, and corporate section of the website.
Strategic Partnerships (30%)
- Collaborate with the Strategic Partnerships sub-team on due diligence for forecasted proposal opportunities for government, multilateral, and bilateral funding.
- Liaise with Finance, Legal, and Operations teams on approving agreements e.g. memoranda of understanding.
- Support handover of project from proposal phase to project kick-off with Program Operations and Country teams using internal tools such as Microsoft Teams.
- Share out regular communications within the organization with regards to project status, updates, success stories and challenges.
- Maintain relevant donor data in the organization’s Salesforce tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years of work experience, ideally in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Professional work experience performing detail-oriented administrative and communications functions
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Superior organization skills, excellent judgement and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Adept with Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse teams
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organization
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
- Experience working in databases
- Experience working with collaboration tools (Microsoft Teams, OneNote)
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud
Room to Read offers a competitive pay with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office - Main - San FranciscoGlobal Office - New YorkTo be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled