6015 Riverdale Avenue
SYNAGOGUE ADMINISTRATOR (Part-time)
Young Israel Ohab Zedek of North Riverdale/Yonkers is a warm and welcoming community synagogue that aspires to be the religious, intellectual and spiritual home for each of its members. We are proud of our youth programming, classes and and adult education opportunities, chesed activities, advocacy for Israel and social action, all of which contribute to a meaningful and vibrant community exemplifying our values.
We seek a proactive individual who is self-directed and enjoys dealing with people of all types. This individual will partner closely with the Rabbi, the Board and key volunteers; will perform office, program and building coordination tasks; will carry out some fundraising and provide general support as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage congregational database, currently using Shul Cloud and Microsoft Office
- Management of Synagogue Master Calendar and general communication emails
- Produce weekly bulletins for electronic distribution to membership
- Assist in collections
- Prepare and make deposits: process, code and deposit dues, donations and other revenues
- Prepare thank you and/or acknowledgement letters for donations
- Take the lead on membership and vendor issues and work with relevant parties to bring closure to the issues
- Maintain, order and procure supplies and manage inventory
- Provide door/building access
- Manage vendor contracts
- Special event coordination, planning and support
- Coordinate janitorial, catering services and maintenance work as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Accurate, detailed, execution-oriented
- Independent problem solver
- Tech savvy, knowledge of Shul Cloud a plus
- Respect for confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate with lay and professional staff in a pleasant and productive manner
- Ability to work as part of a team, willingness to support others as needed
- Sense of humor is a big plus
Knowledge of and familiarity with Jewish customs is helpful but not essential. This part-time position will be 20 - 25 hours/week. Schedule is flexible and large segments of the work can be done remotely.
Flexibility, much of the job can be done from home
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.