PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Youth Engagement Development Manager is responsible for connecting external stakeholders to the mission of Covenant House through youth and alumni engagement to effectively connect and/or deepen their relationship with Covenant House. Primary responsibilities include developing strategy, planning and executing engagement opportunities that support stewardship, fundraising and marketing activities, process management and training in support of all youth engagement activities, cultivating and managing relationships with alumni, current Covenant House New York youth, and Covenant House site staff in connection with youth engagement, and administrative tasks associated with youth engagement.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Oversee and conduct all aspects of youth engagement including project management of strategy, development, implementation, and review of new and current practices.
● Facilitate and deepen relationships with alumni as part of engagement initiatives.
● Host information sessions for youth and alumni interested in learning more about being a part of fundraising activities.
● Develop and manage processes for collaboratively working with, and fostering cooperative relationships between, the Program and Development teams at Covenant House sites and CHI, including determining the needs of programs and youth as it relates to engagement opportunities.
● Gain full knowledge of Covenant House sites’ youth engagement practices. Identify best practices that can be shared and areas of improvement that should be addressed.
● Lead the selection, preparation, and debrief of youth / alumni for all external facing activities, including special events, media projects, and donor cultivation.
● Create and operate new corporate engagement opportunities that involve youth and alumni.
● Evaluate opportunities with key internal stakeholders, and make adjustments to meet the needs of program and youth as appropriate to department goals.
● Conduct training workshops for personnel assisting youth during public facing events.
● Act as liaison across multiple departments including Peer to Peer, Special Events, Corporate Partners, Foundations, Operations, Donor Communications, Public Relations, and direct care teams at sites.
● Develop and maintain an efficient system for tracking and reviewing consent forms.
● Prepare reports for impact analysis of youth engagement, including anecdotal and hard data for internal and external stakeholders.
● Conduct timely and regular debriefs with program staff, youth, and alumni following engagement opportunities and events. Update debrief process if feedback loop proves there is an information gap.
● Ensure all youth engagement opportunities and events are added to appropriate shared calendars.
● Represent Covenant House by speaking on behalf of our mission to members of the community.
● Facilitate and contribute as a thought partner and expert on topics relevant to youth engagement.
● Consistently work to improve the manner in which projects are managed and coordinated within the organization.
● Complete projects in a timely manner utilizing pre-defined timelines.
● Coordinate transportation, other incentives and compensation for youth / alumni as it relates to engagement opportunities.
● Attend fundraising seminars, workships and /or executive training sessions that are relevant to the position.
● Work on special projects and administrative tasks as needed and assigned by the Department's leadership.
● Bachelor’s Degree.
● At least three (3) years’ experience in a residential or community program setting and previous experience working with adolescents is required.
● Must be computer literate and proficient in Gmail, G-suite.
● Knowledge in Asana or other online project management tools is highly preferred.
● Self-starter who is highly organized, focused, has a strong attention to detail, is able to perform multiple tasks concurrently, and strives to exceed expectations.
● Strong time management, decision making, problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt and excel in fast-paced, time-sensitive, and high-stress environments.
● Team player with exceptional communication skills and ability to connect with young people, alumni, external stakeholders, including the Board of Directors and major donors, and multiple internal teams, including senior leadership.
● Must be committed to supporting the Development team in meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
● Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and night hours as needed.
● Must be dedicated to the mission of Covenant House and excited about and committed to positive change at Covenant House in celebration of the young people we serve.
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Youth Engagement Development Manager is responsible for connecting external stakeholders to the mission of Covenant House through youth and alumni engagement to effectively connect and/or deepen…