321 East 25th Street
Company Overview: The mission of St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center is to create and maintain equal housing opportunities for low and moderate-income people, primarily in Baltimore City, and to encourage and support strong and diverse neighborhoods.
The Counseling Coordinator will be the primary contact for clients until they are assigned to a counselor. Clients will need information about all counseling programs and through the counseling coordinator will be routed according to their situation and needs. The Counseling Coordinator will coordinate and participate in outreach activities and workshops as well as work with counselors to ensure each client file meets compliance requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond promptly to inquiries and intake calls.
- Interview clients to triage calls according to client needs and effectively communicate the process each client can expect during their relationship with St. Ambrose.
- Log all contacts and enter client data into case management software in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assemble necessary documentation by obtaining all required forms, authorizations and documents from clients in preparation for counseling session.
- Demonstrate professionalism and flexibility while maintaining a good working relationship with team members and clients.
- Organize and complete client files when case is closed. Ensure that file is compliant with funding requirements.
- Help to coordinate outreach activities in an effort to educate public about services provided at St. Ambrose.
- In collaboration with staff, coordinate workshops. Ensure that required supplies are ordered and available for workshops and communicate with staff leading workshops for set-up and breakdown.
- Update and maintain client surveys.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Performs related duties or responsibilities, as assigned or requested.
Skills and Abilities:
- One year of related experience in housing, lending, or real estate desired.
- Strong communication and computer skills a must.
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
- Solid judgment; critical thinking, organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to function either independently or as an active team member
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Weeknights and weekends may be necessary and access to transportation preferred.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Prescription Drug
- Vision Coverage
- Basic Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Personal Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Municipal Employee Credit Union (MECU)
- Direct Deposit
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume and letter of interest via email to:
By mail to Director of Human Resources,
St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center, Inc. 321 East 25th Street, Baltimore MD 21218
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Be sure to reference the position name in the subject line and/or cover letter.