Details: $30,000 - $40,000
20 Old Colony Avenue
Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: Executive Operations Manager
Hours: Monday - Friday, 11:30am-7:30pm
Boston Children’s Chorus (BCC) is seeking an organized and personable Office Administrator who will offer a welcoming presence and customer service to singers, families, and guests who come through BCC’s Headquarters. The Office Administrator will be responsible for front office duties, as well as overseeing rehearsal logistics (3:30pm to 7:30pm).
BCC harnesses the power and joy of music to unite our city's diverse communities and inspire social change. Our singers transcend social barriers in a celebration of shared humanity and love of music. Through intensive choral training and high-profile public performance experience (locally, throughout the U.S. and around the world), they learn discipline, develop leadership skills, and proudly represent the city of Boston as ambassadors of harmony.
- Answer incoming telephone calls promptly and courteously
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail
- Manage and organize office supplies
- Provide board support as requested
- Billing duties as assigned
- Greet singers, families, and visitors and lead guests to their meetings, rehearsals, etc.
- Track attendance of singers as they arrive for rehearsal, as well as dismissal permissions
- Assist with choir registration and follow-up
- Serve as a resource to families
- Keep lobby and its common rooms tidy, as well as manage lost-and-found
- Supervise dismissal of rehearsal and close the building at the end of the night
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated passion for working with a diverse group of youth and families.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Commitment to BCC’s mission and values of quality, diversity, respect, responsibility and social justice.
- Some evenings and weekends required.
Boston Children's Chorus offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Allyson Frick at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Office Administrator Application