Requisition ID: req2504
Job Title: Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 16 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Reporting to the Senior Director Internal Audit, the Senior Manager Internal Audit will lead or conducti audits of the IRC's international and U.S. locations and functions. The audits will be designed to assist management in achieving the IRC's strategic, operational, reporting and compliance objectives. The audits will focus on evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of global and local processes and controls.
The Senior Manager Internal Audit will not only strive to provide the highest level of professional service but also maintain the highest ethical standards and due professional care in their work.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Plan and lead or conduct country, U.S. program and functional audits, special reviews and investigations.
- Draft audit reports that include conclusions and recommendations to correct identified deficiencies and review with appropriate location/function management.
- Ensure adherence to the Institute of Internal Auditors professional standards.
- Monitor progress of the corrective actions by management to correct identified deficiencies.
- Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in developing annual audit plans that addresses significant risks of the organization.
- Assist the Senior Director Internal Audit in continuously improving the audit process through new tools and techniques.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Director Internal Audit
Position directly supervises:
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: All levels of the IRC's international, U.S. program and headquarters' departments at the headquarters, region and local country or U.S. locations
External: Limited contact with external auditors, 3rd party contractors and donors
Education: Bachelor's degree in business related field.
Certificates or Licenses: CPA/CA or CIA
- 5 to 7 years of external or internal auditing experience
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Experience working in the Not-for-Profit or INGO sectors or grant supported organizations
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of auditing and risk management principles and theory
- Excellent knowledge of COSO's Internal Control - Integrated Framework
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present and explain complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and achieve consensus of recommendations to reduce risk or improve operations
- Proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO
Language Skills: Fluency in French or Arabic a plus
- Position is based in New York, NY with a standard office work environment
- Travel up to 50% including travel to underdeveloped countries
Minimum Education Required