City Connects Coordinator at Blessed Trinity School

Job Type

Full Time




United States


Blessed Trinity School in Richfield has an opening for the 2018-19 school year for a licensed school counselor or social workers to implement the City Connects program. City Connects is a school-based collaboration among schools, community agencies and Boston College that is reinvigorating a core function of schools by implementing an innovative model of systemic student support. This model offers a defined, evidence-based practice for a counselor or school social worker to collaborate with every teacher to support every student by assessing the strengths and needs of each student and connecting students with a tailored set of supports and resources from inside and outside the school. City Connects is committed to urban education and serves in schools throughout the Twin Cities.    

Level of Language Proficiency

·        Establish and lead a Student Support team and process in the school that identifies and responds to the strengths and personal developmental needs of each and every child in the school

·        Connect students to a range of prevention, early intervention and intensive services programs that address the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development of each student

·        Develop and enhance community partnerships with varied community agencies to meet the identified needs of students, families, and the school

·        Collaborate with school staff, including classroom teachers, to implement the City Connects model

·        Promote the City Connects model of student support to the school community, families and community agencies

·        Engage families and caregivers in understanding and supporting the education of their children and the ways in which academic outcomes are enhanced by serving the social / emotional and personal development needs of the child

·        Collect data on the implementation of the model and the delivery of services

Professional Level

None specified

Minimum Education Required

Master's degree

How To Apply