307 Waverley Oaks Road
Springwell is seeking an empathetic specialist to provide information, referral and intake services to consumers, their caregivers and other professionals. The specialist needs excellent interpersonal and computer skills to provide non-biased information over the phone, via email and in-person.
Information and Referral Specialists are the “face of the agency”, often serving as peoples’ first point of contact with Springwell. I&R Specialists primarily work with consumers via telephone; they are excellent, non-judgmental listeners, who strive to provide excellent customer service. I&R Specialists assess consumers’ needs and make appropriate internal and external referrals. The team researches community resources and updates informational materials which are utilized by both consumers and Springwell staff. They are also responsible for creating and maintaining consumer records in the state’s electronic database.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree and previous social service experience preferably with older adults, individuals with disabilities and/or providing information and referral resources via telephone.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and computer skills.
- Must be able to collaborate with co-workers, adapt to changes and problem-solve.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- 4-day work week option for many positions
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than 40 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference - each, and every member of our staff.
We believe in:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
- Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website above. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.