11 Shattuck Street
Ascentria Care Alliance employees and volunteers take pride in the impact they have on the people they serve. It’s more than just a job, it’s an opportunity our employees have to care for and share in the lives of people who greatly need and appreciate their presence. Ascentria Care Alliance focuses on every child, elder, disabled person, refugee, endangered teen or teenage mom in order to build stronger communities one person at a time. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance the operations of a $75m non-profit social services organization with programs throughout New England.
The Recruitment and Retention Specialist works cooperatively with many social and community settings to identify potential foster families, provide comprehensive family assessment and to review and retain foster families. The Recruitment and Retention Specialist works a flexible schedule and spends a good deal of time visiting families, connecting with the community partners and arranging training and support opportunities within the community. The Recruitment and Retention Specialist creates and adheres to an annual strategic plan based on current and past data trends. The Recruitment and Retention specialist is a member of the Family Resource team – helping to accept referrals and match children with families.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for refugee foster care recruitment in conjunction with foster care recruitment across the Children and Families Service Line
- Analyze past and current data trends and modify plan as needed
- Recruit and screen qualified foster homes on a continuous basis to meet the growing and challenging needs of clients.
- Establish and maintain visible working relationships with church pastors and church leadership, as well as leaders in other community systems (i.e. local library, community education, and businesses) for the purpose of foster parent recruitment.
- Coordinate and attend special event opportunities within the community for the purpose of recruiting foster parents.
- Meet with Assistant Program Manager on a biweekly basis for consultation and to monitor progress; provide quarterly outcome status reports.
- Partner with national agency, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) in developing strategic plan and analyzing data trends
- Attend one training per year specific to recruitment and apply newly gained knowledge.
- Coordinate publicity for recruitment by working with Ascentria Marketing Department to create social media postings, develop brochures, create advertisements, submit articles, and promote local media announcements.
- Create a system for child specific recruitment.
- Work with foster care and adoption teams for the recruitment and retention of families; identify barriers and implement methods for successful recruitment.
- Become fully oriented and knowledgeable regarding the MA child welfare system, specifically the refugee foster care child welfare system as well as the history and current needs of refugee populations served.
- Coordinate and provide informational sessions at Ascentria, in the community, and at local churches regarding refugee foster care.
- Responsible for ongoing training of foster parents.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with children, families and community providers.
- Training records must be updated promptly and the training needs addressed individually with each family and their Family Resource Coordinator.
- Promotes program through community networking and positive representation to internal and external committees, government entities, etc.
- Attendance and participation in team and/or committee meetings is required.
- Job must be conducted at all times in a way that respects the rights, privacy and the dignity of the client and adheres to all contractual regulations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein to help meet the goals of the program or the agency.
- Participate in agency-wide committees or initiatives as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Human Services or other related field
- Valid driver’s license and positive driving record required to travel and provide transportation throughout Massachusetts.
- Ability to work within the Mission of the organization, “We are called to strengthen communities by helping people to respond to life’s challenges.”
- Understanding of and ability to work positively with children.
- Understanding of and ability to set professional boundaries.
- Must be comfortable teaching and facilitating.
- Must be well organized, able to multi-task, prioritize, and attend to detail.
- A demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population of clients is essential.
- An understanding and acceptance of the refugee and undocumented population
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Must be willing to travel and scheduling flexibility required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to handle situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Computer skills required including intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
Physical Demands are generally:
Sedentary - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Requires driving own vehicle to various sites.
Mental Demands are generally:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and organize.
- Ability to do detailed work with high degree of concentration
- Ability to work under stress or in a fast-paced environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Follow link for our careers page and apply online.