17 Brattle Street
Food Link seeks an individual who is energized and enthusiastic about our mission. You must be able to work independently, take direction from others, provide direction to others, prioritize tasks and solve problems. This is a new position and important to Food Link’s next stage of growth as it purchases and moves into a new location. It is an amazing opportunity to work for a hands-on, do what it takes, professional and passionate non-profit.
This position is 40 hours per week including some weekends and nights. Work is performed primarily in Arlington, MA and remotely at times. This position reports to Food Link’s Board President.
The Development & Communications Coordinator role is comprised of four key components:
- Own and Maintain Constituent Database
- Communications, including social media
- Coordinate Fundraising Events
- Support Grant Writing and Reporting
- Own all aspects of Little Green Light donor database, including entering data, producing reports, maintaining data integrity, and preparing acknowledgement letters
- Create schedule for direct mail solicitations, and manage all aspects of the initiative
- Coordinate all aspects of fundraising events
- Write and solicit articles for monthly newsletter and maintain the distribution list
- Maintain and regularly post to various social media outlets and assist in website maintenance.
- Support the Development Committee by scheduling meetings, taking notes, and other tasks needed by the committee
- Assist with grant applications and reporting
- Assist with food collection and delivery as needed (minimum 2 to 3 times per month)
- Attend functions periodically
Qualifications / Skills
- Two to four years development experience, including database management, annual appeals, fundraising events, and social media communications
- Comprehensive donor database experience
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills and commitment to quality of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, or as part of a team, and be flexible
- Motivated and energetic, with a “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Excellent customer service skills – both within and outside the organization
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, MS PowerPoint, and Little Green Light or other donor database software. Understand the intricacies of working with Google Drive
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Include the following in your application:
- Writing sample (½ page maximum)
- Describe your experience in development OR your work in either food insecurity or food waste prevention. (½ page maximum)
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates who are excited about our mission! Send, as ONE document (attachment in PDF), your cover letter (not more than one page), resume, additional information requested and salary expectations (salary expectations are required for consideration) to: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed within 14 days of receipt and interviews will be scheduled as resumes are reviewed. Applications may be submitted through November 30th.