Details: This is a full time position with eligibility for benefits including paid vacation and holidays, paid sick leave, health/dental/vision packages, short-term disability and retirement savings. Salary is commensurate with experience.
1590 Park Avenue
About Hot Bread Kitchen:
Hot Bread Kitchen is a social enterprise non-profit that creates economic opportunity through careers in food. We achieve our mission by running a training program for women facing economic insecurity and helping women launch careers in the culinary industry; in addition through our HBK Incubates program we incubate small food businesses in our commercial kitchen space. We bake and sell a world of bread – our global breads are inspired by the women that we’ve trained - we are proud to have a unique product line that has been recognized by national media and is carried by top specialty food stores around the nation.
Hot Bread Kitchen is seeking a driven, organized, collaborative and well-spoken Sales Manager who is passionate about advancing the Hot Bread Kitchen brand. Reporting to the Sales Director, and working closely with the sales team, including overseeing a Sales Coordinator and liaising closely with the Production and Logistics team, the Sales Manager will identity and pursue sales opportunities, as well as being responsible for management on existing accounts and forging new relationships. The Sales Manager will be a customer service specialist and an articulate champion of our mission and our products.
Essential Duties and Functions
· Execute on long term sales plan focusing on the following channels: retail partners (locally and nationally); bulk, wholesale accounts; and direct-to-consumer via our growing ecommerce platform.
· Oversee and deepen relationships with existing retail partners and wholesale accounts
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences.
· Work with Sales Director to develop pipeline; prospecting for new business; and marketing collateral
· Responsible for reaching quarterly sales quotas with an eye on efficiency and profitability
· Oversee Sales Coordinator to ensure daily administrative tasks and orders are fulfilled in a timely and effective manner.
· Continuously analyze sales, merchandising programs, retail trends, competitor activity and pricing, packaging and labelling, signage and collateral materials to adjust tactics and drive improved performance.
· Act as liaison between rest of Sales team, Production team, Logistics team, Accounting team and with customers to ensure product is delivered correctly and on time.
· Establish and execute a customer service standard to ensure satisfaction and to drive continuous improvement with service and product.
· Working with the Sales Coordinator, ensure organized and regular communication with customers regarding seasonal items, making sure order deadlines are adhered to.
· Maintain up-to-date records and dashboards in Salesforce to provide regular reporting for staff and board meetings
· Collaborate with Training program, Incubator program and Marketing/Communications team to identity sales opportunities and other branding opportunities.
· Accurately quote pricing, credit terms, ordering deadlines and delivery options for new and prospective accounts while delivering product recommendations that suit customers’ needs.
· Travel throughout New York City, the five boroughs and the Tri-State area to call on regular and prospective customers and maintain communication via phone and email.
· A passion for Hot Bread Kitchen’s mission and products.
· 2-4 years outside sales experience within the food industry, bakery/bread experience preferred.
· Extremely organized with impeccable attention to detail.
· A desire and ability to implement change and systems to improve performance and efficiencies through the business.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to read, write and speak in English is required.
· Flexibility and sense of humor – ability to establish order and systems in a rapidly changing environment. Must be a self-starter and effective at time-management.
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Excel required. Experience with Salesforce, Zbake or other recipe costing software, WordPress, HTML, Google applications including Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign) a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
· Flexibility in working weekends and holidays.
· Ability to travel within the NY Metro and Tri-State Area, valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Sales Manager - Your Name” in the subject line.
Hot Bread Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.