1800 Perry Street
Teaching at Perry Street Prep
Are you a highly skilled 21st-century teacher? Are you prepared to deliver academic rigor in a newly renovated, state-of-the-art, and modernized PreK-8 facility? Do you instill the fundamental principle that all children can learn and achieve excellence? Do you want to be part of an innovative school turnaround? Are you willing to go the extra mile to provide academic rigor for our students?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want you to join the Perry Street Prep team! We are recruiting teachers to work with our middle school students (6th-8th grade) in the following subjects:
- English Language Arts
- General Science
- Social Studies
All positions are full-time, salaried, 10-month positions.
About Perry Street Prep
Perry Street Prep is a community of diverse learners that builds relationships with families and empowers students to be college-ready and to thrive in a global society. In school year 2017-18, Perry Street Prep will serve approximately 360 elementary and middle school students at our campus in Northeast DC.
In January 2015, Perry Street Prep partnered with TenSquare, a proven school turnaround partner, to launch a comprehensive school improvement effort. The TenSquare team supports Perry Street Prep leadership and teachers through intensive and professional development, curriculum and planning support, and school and classroom culture systems development. Teachers at Perry Street Prep benefit from weekly coaching, develop their practice through job-imbedded professional development, and learn from peers through a citywide multi-LEA professional development cohort.
For additional information about Perry Street Prep, visit pspdc.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Middle school (6th-8th grade) teachers at Perry Street Prep are responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with colleagues in developing cohesive Common Core-aligned curriculum materials, increasing instructional resources, and establishing instructional goals
- Preparing standards-based lessons that challenge students’ critical thinking
- Utilizing strong content knowledge to effectively present enticing and rigorous Common Core-aligned lessons
- Differentiating instruction to accommodate multiple learning styles and abilities
- Assessing students’ academic and developmental growth through observation and a variety of assessment methods
- Tracking and monitor assessment results in order to regularly refine teaching practices and design differentiated lesson plans
- Applying the values of urgency, rigor, and consistency to create a positive learning environment that promotes high expectations
- Communicating with students, parents, school staff to ensure that students are on-track in their learning and making progress towards goals
Perry Street Prep is seeking educators with the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of teaching experience as an elementary or middle school teacher in an urban environment preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran’s status, or any other factor, which would constitute a violation of the D.C. Human Rights Act or other applicable laws or court order.