1818 Pacheco Street
About One Heart World-Wide
Every day, we wake up to end preventable deaths of mothers and newborns in rural Nepal. We have over 60 staff members in Nepal in several offices around the country who implement our program model, the Network of Safety, to provide essential prenatal, obstetric and newborn care to families in some of the most remote parts of the world. Our American staff is very lean, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. Our Nepali staff is energetic and courageous, literally scaling mountains for mothers and children.
The Communications Coordinator is a critical role in our small organization. This is a fast-paced, high-energy, deadline-driven position in an entrepreneurial environment.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for promoting our visibility to the public. The position the nexus point between our program staff and donors, and as such, is responsible for liaising with several different staff members in the United States and Nepal. You will work chiefly with the Director of Development and Administration to provide regular donor communications, including stories from our program sites, and our quarterly and annual reports. You will need to organize a monthly calendar of content for our social media platforms and blog. This requires regular communication and coordination with our Nepal-based Communications Officer. You can check out some of the content we produce on our website: https://www.oneheartworld-wide.org/stories-from-the-field/
You will work alongside dynamic, high-energy and creative team members, all committed to our mission of lowering maternal and neonatal mortality in rural communities.
This position is based at our office in the Sunset district of San Francisco. Our regular office hours are 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday-Thursday.
You'll experience an environment predicated on compassion and trust. We believe in hard work and results, while maintaining open communication and transparency with our donors, coworkers, partners and volunteers.
- Creating donor communication materials for print and web
- Compile quarterly and annual reports in conjunction with program and management teams
- Manage content on website, social media networks and blog
- Create and distribute mass email newsletters
- Produce videos highlighting our program impact
- Compile monthly performance statistics for communications activities
- Maintain electronic storage of multimedia
Development & Administration (20%)
- Provide support in planning and executing fundraising campaigns, including online fundraisers and in person events
- Basic data entry in and routine maintenance of Salesforce
- Assist in coordinating travel arrangements for staff and volunteers
- Process incoming individual donations and issue donor acknowledgement letters
- Maintain all online and electronic accounts/services
- Assist supervisor in maintaining up-to-date policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience:
- Superior command of MS Office Suite
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro
- Salesforce or comparable CRM
- Social media savvy, especially Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
After probationary period, One Heart World-Wide offers medical/vision/dental insurance and employer matching contributions to our 403(b) retirement account.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send CV and design/writing samples to email@example.com.