Details: Salary commensurate with experience and in line with the finances of a small non-profit.
359 Boylston Street
Boston, MA (preferred)
Posted August 2018
JOIN for Justice envisions a revitalized Jewish community that plays a powerful role in this country’s social justice struggles. We train and mentor Jewish leaders, rabbis, and community organizers through our yearlong Jewish Organizing Fellowship, Seminary Leadership Project, Clergy Fellowship, Online Institute, ROAR! (Resistance, Organizing, Action, and Resilience) training series, and consulting work with organizations. We believe that our Jewish religious, historical, and cultural traditions compel us to organize our communities and take powerful action together in support of the pressing social justice issues of our time, and that those unique traditions can be a particularly indispensable resource in harnessing the power of faith for good. Thousands of people we have trained are tapping these traditions as they work in cities across the country forging relationships, building power, and winning change for their communities.
JOIN for Justice, commonly referred to as JOIN, is seeking a full time Program and Network Manager. This person is the primary interface between applicants for JOIN programs and the organization, and supports three of JOIN’s primary programs: the Jewish Organizing Fellowship (JOF), the Clergy Fellowship, and Seminary Leadership Project (SLP). In particular, the Program and Network Manager leads the recruitment, interview, selection, and placement matching process for the highly selective Jewish Organizing Fellowship. Additionally, this role will develop and expand JOIN’s Network, offering opportunities for our greater community to be in relationship with one another, within and across programs. We seek a talented multi-tasker and relationship-builder who successfully creates and maintains systems, and thrives on connecting people.
● Manage recruitment of candidates for JOF and the Clergy Fellowship
● Oversee interview, selection, and placement matching process for JOF
● Plan annual JOF group Interview Day event and Match Day event
● Coordinate program retreats for JOF and Clergy Fellowship
● Support JOIN’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals by prioritizing recruitment from communities historically underrepresented in JOIN’s programming
● Build and maintain ongoing organizational partnerships for recruitment and collaboration
● Work with program participants and alumni to coordinate Network events and opportunities
● General programmatic support
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
● Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
● Exceptional strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
● Ability to drive multiple processes and manage many details
● Experience and comfort working with program participants and stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds
● Enjoys networking and connecting with others
● Collaborative, works well on teams
● Versed in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel etc.) and Google Suite (Gmail, Google Drive etc.)
● Some familiarity with Jewish community/culture/religion
● 3-5 years of work experience in community organizing, program management, and/or volunteer coordination
At JOIN for Justice, we believe social justice fights require the voices of those most directly impacted by injustice. JOIN is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff team and strongly encourages those from marginalized groups to apply for this role.
-80% covered medical and dental benefits for yourself, spouse and/or children
-22 Paid Jewish and National Holidays, 2 Floating Holidays
-12 days paid sick leave annually, and 12 days paid vacation first year
-Eligible for 401(k) retirement plan after one year of service, contributions matched up to 5%
-Fully covered life, short and long-term disability insurance
-Flexible Spending Account
-Communal, mission-driven, and intellectually stimulating work environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume as attachments to email@example.com and indicate your name and “Program and Network Manager ” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. JOIN for Justice is an equal opportunity employer.