The Little Market is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our sales team at our flagship store in Southern California! The Sales Associate will be responsible for creating a retail experience that meets the organization’s vision and that is engaging, efficient, and personalized for customers. Responsibilities will include providing exceptional customer service and supporting merchandising and operational needs of the store.
This position is based in Pacific Palisades, CA. Part-time and full-time opportunities are available. The store is scheduled to open on September 22nd and we anticipate that a successful candidate will start as soon as possible.
- Provide exceptional service to customers.
- Develop a strong understanding of the organization’s mission and be able to convey the stories about the artisan-made products to customers.
- Provide a seamless and efficient checkout process with strong attention to detail.
- Report any feedback from customers or observations about product performance to Store Manager.
- Assist the Store Manager with creating merchandising presentations in store.
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of the store are maintained at all times.
- Regularly check inventory levels on floor and restock product as needed.
- Receive and unpack incoming deliveries of product and ensure quantities are reflected in inventory system.
- Participate in periodic physical inventory to check stock levels.
- Support any special in-store events or engagement initiatives, or other events taking place on the premises of the shopping center.
- Act as a brand ambassador reflective of the organization’s values and aesthetic.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Retail/service experience preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent client service and communication skills.
- Able to work flexible days/nights/hours including weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency to operate independently.
- Interest in fair trade and women’s rights is a plus!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send the following information to email@example.com with Store Manager as the subject of your email.
- Cover letter
- Social media links
- Names and contact information (email or phone) for three references
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Due to the large number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted further. When you submit an application, please indicate your availability in your email.
(No phone calls, please)