Bilingual Home Visiting Nurse
The Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) is an evidence-based program that partners first-time moms with nurse home visitors. Women enrolled in the program are visited by a specially trained, registered nurse throughout the pregnancy and until the baby turns two years old. During these visits, a nurse will offer knowledge and support women need to confidently create a better life for themselves and their baby.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provides comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program. The Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for maintaining the highest standards in clinical nursing practice and adherence to the NFP model, and to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and of the lead agency.
• Provides home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program.
• Carries a case load of up to 25 clients.
• Develops therapeutic relationships with women and their families in a home visiting environment.
• Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families.
• Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
• Provides education, support and referral resources to women in attaining their targeted goals.
• Actively engages in skill building to meet all NFP Nurse Home Visitor competency requirements.
• Utilizes reflective practice in supervisory sessions.
• Attends and participates in bi-weekly case conferences and staff meetings.
• Represents the NFP vision, mission and model internally and externally.
• Elicits and considers differing viewpoints when analyzing issues.
• Maintains clear, effective, and honest communication.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Accurately assesses own learning needs and develops strategies to meet them.
• Handles other assignments as requested by supervisor.
DESIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Current RN license required; BSN preferred
- 2 years experience in MCH, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Medical Insurance Plan with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Life Insurance & AD&D Plan
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Flexible Working Schedules
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Liliana Pinete, MD MPH
Chief Operating Officer
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Park Place, Suite 700
Newark, NJ 07102
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.