Reports To: Program Director
Objective: To assist the Program Director through oversight of all clinical aspects of the program.
Scope: Overall clinical supervisory role for staff in the conduct and facilitation of substance abuse counseling and related educational activities in a residential half-way house program, including all service delivery efforts, administrative duties and tracking/ensuring compliance with all Department of Public Health/BSAS standards, regulations and contractual obligations. This is an exempt, salaried position.
Program: Sullivan House
- Supervise and coordinate all clinical activities to ensure that quality, evidence-based, professional clinical services are provided to all clients.
- Maintain open and professional communication with all clients, staff and outside contacts.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of clients and staff at all times
- Develop, implement and review departmental policies and procedures to assure quality care and compliance with all pertinent laws and regulations.
- Provide supervision to all clinical and educational staff, including timely and thoughtful job performance evaluations for all assigned staff.
- Schedule, design, implement and maintain records of staff training and development activities.
- Conduct trainings and guide professional development for MHSA staff in relevant topic areas.
- Ensure adequate clinical staffing patterns in accordance with established staffing guidelines and regulations. Assist in hiring activities.
- Assist with grant writing and fundraising activities.
- Prepare all necessary reports, participate and/or facilitate administrative and staff meetings, conduct weekly case conference, and participate in other meetings as assigned.
- Act as a liaison between various Courts and agencies regarding clinical issues.
- Assist the Program Director in ensuring that all required reports, records, and other materials concerning clients are complete, accurate and current. All records, reports and other materials shall be maintained in accordance with confidentiality laws and regulations, and MHSA standards.
- Provide direct client care as needed.
- Supervise and facilitate client medication procedures.
- Facilitate client educational classes and perform other duties of a Clinical Director as needed or assigned.
- Coordinate and participate in the client disciplinary procedures.
- Responsible for on call duties as assigned by Program Director.
- Ensure the consistent use of best practices and adherence to all current and updated regulatory requirements in the Clinical Director position and throughout the program.
- Abide by all MHSA policies, especially regarding boundaries, strict confidentiality and ethical standards at all times.
- Attend in-service and outside training and instruction as directed by Program Director or MHSA administration.
- Various other responsibilities, as assigned by Program Director from time to time and/or as needed to ensure proper functioning of the Program.
- Master’s Degree required.
- LADC I required.
- Clinical supervisory experience, minimum of five (5) years licensed, required.
- Substance abuse counseling experience, minimum of five (5) years, required.
- Fundamental knowledge of substance abuse and its treatment required.
- Familiarity with MA DPH/BSAS regulations required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience working with spreadsheets, databases and word processors required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population required.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
- CPR, AED and First Aid Certification required (MHSA will provide training opportunity if needed).
- Routine travel required.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctual reporting for work required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable Transportation
- Bilingual, especially English/Spanish preferred.
Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc (MHSA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include an introduction letter outlining the following topics:
- Supervision of staff-both direct and indirect supervision
- Clinical oversight and direct client care experience
- Documentation, compliance
Qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Name: Human Resources Department
Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email.