Communications and Outreach Coordinator
- Job posted by Coalition for Asian American Children and Families
50 Broad Street
Organizational Background: The Coalition for Asian American Children and Families (CACF) is the nation’s only pan-Asian children and families’ advocacy organization bringing together community based organizations as well as youth and parents to fight for equity for Asian Pacific American (APA) children and families. CACF aims to improve the health and well-being of Asian Pacific American children in New York City. Founded in 1986, CACF works to transform the Asian Pacific American (APA) community through fostering collaboration, promoting community leadership, and building a collective voice.
CACF is seeking a full-time Communication and Outreach Coordinator to support our coalition-building and policy campaign work, and raise public awareness of our organization through online and offline channels.
- Work with the Co-Executive Directors in aligning public relations and donor relations strategies and communications
- Identify and develop relationships with media personnel, community partners and agencies to promote our campaigns and events
- Engage member organizations in coordinated media strategies for community education and outreach
- Coordinate media requests and follow up, while serving as the secondary media contact as needed
- Write and publish website and email newsletter content
- Maintain our organization’s social media accounts, including content creation and curation
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to CACF’s mission, children’s rights, and social justice
- Bachelor’s degree + related communications experience, including creating and implementing strategies and developing online content
- Good understanding of Asian Pacific American communities and non-profit organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; persuasive communicator with a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with varied constituencies, including Board members, staff, social service organizations, elected and appointed officials, and government agencies
- Ability to work with diverse staff and flexibility to work on multiple tasks under pressure.
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to staff
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits. Four weeks vacation plus paid holidays. Pre-tax deduction for retirement and Metrocard.
Minimum Education Required