Reporting to the Project Director, MA-SBTRC (which is part of the Business Team), the Administrative Project Manager will support client management, partnership relationship management, reporting and special projects. The Enterprise Center (TEC) operates the Mid-Atlantic Region Small Business Transportation Resource Center (MA-SBTRC) and is sponsored by the US Department of Transportation Office of Small Business Disadvantaged Utilization (OSDBU).
MASBTRC’s mission is to increase the ability of small businesses to compete for and enter into transportation-related contracts at the local, state, and federal levels. The Administrative Project Manager will oversee reporting, scheduling, and coordinating transportation-adjacent industry clients to all relevant business and capital services, systems, and resources.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
• Administrative Project Manager coordinate’s administrative activities and ensure the smooth running of office operations. Possess the ability to maintain confidentiality. Serve as primary backup and support for Project Director.
• Experienced Office Manager and Administrative Professional with experience optimizing productivity, efficiency, and service quality across various business environments.
• Manage day-to-day activities and services to ensure that goals are achieved.
• Perform administrative duties, which may include performing business and systems support functions to enhance the Mid-Atlantic Region Small Business Transportation Resource Center (MA-SBTRC) service delivery process.
• Ensures clear, consistent, and timely communication with clients. Conduct client follow-up and outreach for all MA-SBTRC and Business Team’s programs.
• Responsible for daily maintenance of customer relation management system (CRMs), Neoserra and Salesforce to include but not limited to inputting information, generating reports, and correcting information. Assist with writing the year-end report.
• Maintains records and/or files. Ensures appropriate documentation is timely and accurate. Assist Project Director with preparing and distributes required reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Maintain all files including clients, financial records, supporting documentation, inventory of equipment and supplies.
• Arranging client meetings and/or group consultations.
• Arrange travel, accommodations, and other logistical concerns for self, Project Director and Executive Director as requested.
• Assist Project Director with maintaining and cultivating relationships with clients, partners and potential partners, government officials and other stakeholders. This is to include maintaining up-to-date contact and relationship details.
• Arrange travel, accommodations, and other logistical concerns for program speakers and participants.
• Develop correspondences as needed (including verbal, electronic and written communication as directed by Project Director or Executive Director).
• Assist with event planning activities including logistics, developing materials, vendor management, budget, managing audience/attendee outreach, help Project Director identify appropriate guests, create, and disseminate invitations, track RSVPs, issue reminders and thank you letters.
• Compose short reports summarizing key points and main takeaways from convening programs for website and/or thought leadership purposes, as well as write interim output statements for clients.
• Works effectively with cross-functional teams in ensuring operational and service excellence.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Cross-collaborate with staff, key stakeholders, and consultants to meet the quality-of-service goals of the MA-SBTRC and the Business Team.
• Participate in professional seminars, workshops, small business days, and training gather needed knowledge to implement and manage activities.
• Build strategic alliances beneficial to clients (small businesses and entrepreneurs).
• Perform market development activities including client recruitment and identifying business opportunities for client base.
• Understanding of how for-profits and non-profits operate.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Minimum, BA/BS in business administration and management, communications, finance, or related field.
• 3 or more years of experience in business administration or organizational administration.
• Working knowledge of small business growth, contract procurement, and financing.
• Persistent and persuasive approach to high quality client service.
• Self-starter, ability to work independently and with a team to maximize collaboration, productivity, and innovation.
• Highly detailed-oriented with ability to multi-task and excel in meeting multiple objectives.
• Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
• An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
• An ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of poise and professionalism.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft 365 Suite, including Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
• Proficient in Salesforce, Neoserra, or similar database CRM systems.
• Proficient in budgeting and monitoring.
• Understanding of regulations and compliance related to public funds.
• Ability to work nights and weekend.
Reporting to the Project Director, MA-SBTRC (which is part of the Business Team), the Administrative Project Manager will support client management, partnership relationship management, reporting and special projects. The Enterprise…