Responsible for the overall management and supervision of team to ensure proper administration of all services and compliance with agency and contract. This position will provide supervision to team and ensure implementation of a quality program.
To oversee a program that engages returning citizens, court involved youth and adults in career exploration and employment training that meet the demands of today’s skilled-based workforce in order for them to achieve economic independence. Performs routine employment work including: conducting interviews to assess client needs, disseminating information regarding employment programs and finding internships and or work placement for each client. Ability to visit Rikers to oversee Case Manager work there.
Implementation of policy and procedures, ensures compliance with contract and state regulations as applied, ensures delivery of performance outcomes, assesses site operational processes, oversees quality of services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership and oversight for entire program to include logistics, staffing, client flow, room scheduling, and exhibit the level of professionalism and customer service under a philosophy of urgency, ownership, learn by doing, and motivation through production.
- Implements and directs the employment-focused approach for all program components as set forth in program policy, plans out all required support materials for training onsite and off-site faculty. Works closely with Contract leadership, Training Specialists, Job Developers and Administration and Partners and or Sub-contractors.
- Direct and Manage Workforce team in surpassing contractual goals. Manages the design and implementation of staff training to improve program performance and operational efficiencies.
- Troubleshoot and brainstorm methods that would assure the success of all Workforce Development projects.
- Observes all DOC policies and procedures, measuring results against standards and making necessary adjustments.
- Report all accurate and year to date data pertaining to workforce development projects to the Executive Director.
- Properly train and prepare all Workforce staff so that maximum potential is put forth in achieving maximum goals and outcomes.
- Report all data and information to vendors pertaining to all Workforce and Reentry contracts.
- Maintain accurate compliance files, folders and records for each Workforce and Reentry contract.
- Forward and track invoices sent to lead contract monitor.
- Address and translate program related information to Workforce staff.
- Maintain and establish contacts, partnerships and network with other community based organizations.
- Recruits, trains, and orients administrative support employees.
- Enrich curriculum that includes resume creation, job application and interview skills.
- Interviews clients to record and assess employment information to determine clients’ career development opportunities.
- Prepare clients with job acquisition skills.
- Establish relationships with employers that will work with clients in training program.
- Determines employers’ job requirements and refers qualified clients.
- Determines client eligibility for employment and explains requirements of job.
- Determines what employment services are needed and explains available job openings and occupational trainings available.
- Source and attend local job fairs with clients.
- Accepts and processes applications for employment program services.
- Verifies the satisfactory placement of clients with employers and obtains some form of employment verification.
- Contacts employers to follow up with referrals.
- May conduct presentations to explain employment programs and services.
- May administer and interpret aptitude and proficiency tests, example the Livecareer.com career assessment.
- Disseminates information on agency functions, procedures, employment programs, and training to clients and employers.
- Manage each client’s personal file in an organized and discreet manner
- Performs related work as assigned.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Masters’s degree in social work is strongly preferred or related field. Bachelor's degree plus 5 years experience in management and serving high risk youth populations.
- 5 plus of related public health, workforce development, social services, vocational rehabilitation or professional experience at least 4 of which must have been management/supervisory.
- Experience working in correctional institutions, with formally incarcerated with public assistance recipients, homeless, and/or those affected by the challenges associated with poverty.
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to thrive in environments with multiple stakeholders, frequent change, and diverse objectives.
- Excellent problem resolution, planning and decision-making abilities regarding policy matters, personnel, and client issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and presence including presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish (a plus)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Tara Brown-Arnell, Program Director
-No resumes will be considered unless accompanied by a cover letter.-
No phone calls will be taken.
COVER LETTER MUST INCLUDE DESIRED SALARY.
Please write a one paragraph description of your previous experience. Separately, write a letter as if you were writing to potential employer seeking to secure employment for our high risk youth. Please address all letters to Rev. Wendy Calderon Payne, Executive Director
Send emails to email@example.com. No faxes please.
To familiarize yourself with our agency, please checkout our website at: BronxConnect.org