PaintCare seeks a qualified candidate to provide administrative assistance to existing and future programs in the Western US. This is a remote position and the location is flexible within existing program states (employee must be located in California or Oregon). The position will provide customer service support on the program’s nationwide hotline, coordinate with customers and vendors to ensure completion of large volume paint pick-ups, and assist state-level staff with administrative needs across the region.
PaintCare, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was established by the American Coatings Association (ACA) to implement state-mandated paint stewardship programs on behalf of paint manufacturers in each state that adopts a paint stewardship law. Funding for PaintCare is provided through a fee on new paint sales. Funding is used to establish drop-off sites where the public can take leftover paint for recycling, pay for the recycling of this paint, and provide public education and program administration. PaintCare currently administers programs in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maine, Minnesota, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Please visit www.paintcare.org for more information.
· Provide administrative support to PaintCare’s team in California, Colorado and Oregon
· Provide customer service support for email inquiries and the national PaintCare hotline
· Process requests for large volume paint pickups, including approval, database entry, tracking, vendor assignment and expense approval
· Word processing, document and report preparation
· Filing, data entry, and organizing information
· Coordinate and schedule meetings and group functions
· Consolidate and prepare expense reports
· Provide research assistance
· Assists with travel expense reconciliation and other administrative requests as needed
· Reports to both Colorado Program Manager and West Coast Program Manager
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet browsers
· Proficiency using FileMaker or other relational database software
· Comfort using cloud software platforms (Bill.com, Box.com) and learning additional software as needed
· Ability to work independently
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Ability to occasionally travel for team meetings and program events
· Interest in environmental issues and the goals of the PaintCare program
· Familiarity with paint products
· Conversational Spanish ability is preferred
Location and Travel
This position is located in either California or Oregon. The employee will work from home and requires persistent access to a quiet home office for phone calls. Periodic travel is required for team gatherings that occur a minimum of twice per year and job training.
Employment, Salary and Benefits
This is a full time, regular position. Salary depends on experience. PaintCare, through the ACA, provides generous benefits [401(k), vacation days, medical, dental, and life insurance] and reimbursement for travel expenses. Computer, peripherals, and a mobile phone will be provided.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements in one document to email@example.com. Please indicate “Administrative Assistant — PaintCare Western States” in the email subject line. Incomplete submissions will be disregarded.
Employment, Salary and Benefits
This is a full time, regular position. Salary depends on experience; PaintCare, through the ACA, provides generous benefits [401(k), vacation days, medical, dental, and life insurance] and reimbursement for travel expenses.
Level of Language Proficiency
English required. Spanish language also preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter stating your motivations for applying and salary requirements, a sample that best exemplifies your writing ability (500 words, minimum), and a current resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “PaintCare Regional Coordinator - Southern California” in the email subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.