People For the American Way and its affiliate, People For the American Way Foundation, are progressive advocacy organizations founded to fight right-wing extremism and build a democratic society that implements the ideals of freedom, equality, opportunity and justice for all. We encourage civic participation, defend fundamental rights, and fight to dismantle systemic barriers to equitable opportunity. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Giving, the Grant Writer will be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to research, write , prepare, submit, and report on grant proposal to foundations, corporations, and other grant- making organizations and individual. The Grant Writer is also responsible for identifying new funding sources for People For programs and projects and supporting donor cultivation and stewardship.
· Research, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals that comply with funding guidelines, demonstrate strong program design, and a present a compelling need for financial support.
· Ensure seamless and timely process for all tasks, communication and reports related to the grant process, including letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, and stewardship activities.
· Partner with senior leadership and program staff to compile data and metrics necessary for grant submissions.
· Assess and report back to funders on grant deliverables.
· Assure the accuracy and integrity of the institutional giving records maintained and tracked in Every Action.
· Support cultivation and stewardship efforts through the preparation of briefing materials, donor updates, and other efforts.
· Edit, proofread, and assist in writing non-grant narratives, as needed.
· Assist with special projects, as needed.
· At least 5 years of experience as a grant writer with a proven track record of securing foundation, corporate, and private donor grants. Knowledge of the progressive advocacy funding landscape is preferred.
· Knowledge of how to research, identify, and match funding resources to meet specific needs.
· Knowledge of how to craft, constructs, and submit an effective grant application.
· Ability to listen carefully to and understand the organization’s needs proactively and respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
· Methodical, organized, excellent attention to detail, and stickler for accuracy.
· Must be able to work under pressure, use independent judgment, and produce a quality product within tight time constraints.
· Ability to manage multiple deadlines concurrently.
· Proficient computer skills, especially in Excel and Word; familiarity with Every Action or equivalent donor database preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and work collaboratively and cooperatively with a variety of colleagues in different departments and office locations.
· Experience in a public interest organization preferred
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer
People For the American Way and its affiliate, People For the American Way Foundation, are progressive advocacy organizations founded to fight right-wing extremism and build a democratic society that implements the ideals of freedom…