Parish Administrator, St. Stephen's Memorial Episcopal Church
- Job posted by St. Stephen's Memorial Episcopal Church
74 South Common Street
ST. STEPHEN’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH
74 SOUTH COMMON STREET
LYNN, MA 01902
Busy urban church seeking Parish Administrator for 30 hours per week, M-F 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Job begins in late August 2018. Applicant should be able to provide a warm and welcoming presence for all that interact with the Parish. This individual will report directly to the Wardens, and will work collaboratively with the Priest, staff, and volunteer ministry leaders. Candidate must be able to work independently and handle confidential information with discretion. Compensation depends on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, pension plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
· Create and maintain a warm, welcoming, orderly atmosphere for all who call or visit the church, responding to all telephone, email, and in-person inquiries/visits with courtesy and tact
· Compile, edit, and publish electronic and print parish communications, including worship bulletins, monthly newsletters, annual reports, and additional communications as needed
· Update and maintain website, Facebook page and other social media
· Interface with and coordinate various groups and individuals using the facility
· Prepare and mail all parish mailings including Christmas and Easter cards, pledge campaign materials, quarterly pledge statements, and fundraiser solicitation letters
· Prepare thank you letters to donors for all financial and material gifts
· Each week, mail or email bulletins to homebound parishioners
· Oversee and coordinate office volunteers who fold bulletins and stuff periodic mailings
· Maintain and manage church calendar and parish databases
· Update bulletin boards as needed
· Support special events such as the annual Fair, Soul Celebration, and Raffle
· Provide support and materials for baptisms, funerals, weddings, etc.
· Maintain vital records for the parish (baptisms, confirmations, weddings, funerals, Vestry minutes).
· Office experience preferred.
· Experience working in a church office or non-profit organization a plus
· Familiarity with the Episcopal Church is helpful, but not required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and Word, including Mail Merge
· Strong organizational skills, detail-orientated, excellent teamwork and problem-solving capabilities
· Willingness to learn new software and other technologies
· Effective written and verbal communications skills
· Fluent in both Spanish and English, preferred.
To apply, email résumé and cover letter including three professional references to the parish priest at: email@example.com.
Note: This description is not intended to include all responsibilities, as additional duties may be assigned and existing duties may be adjusted at any time.
Benefits include health insurance, pension plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Strong skills in English including writing and editing is important
Ability to understand and speak Spanish will be helpful
Minimum Education Required