Details: Commensurate with experience and competitive
217 West Richmond Avenue
The West Contra Costa Public Education Fund (Ed Fund), an organization committed to ensuring all West Contra Costa Unified (WCCUSD) students acquire the skills and knowledge to succeed in the world, seeks a new Executive Director (ED) to lead the Ed Fund into a new era of strengthened partnerships and impact.
At this time, the Ed Fund is looking for an inspirational leader that has an ability to grow the organization through bold fundraising, a commitment to equity, and proven experience bringing stakeholders together to achieve results. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to West Contra Costa students and our community, education achievement, learning and evaluation, fund development, and fiscal management.
The Ed Fund mobilizes resources for students and aligns the efforts of our partners to ensure that all students succeed in college, career, and life. We believe that when communities work together to eliminate inequities, our youth will thrive. As an intermediary and development organization, the Ed Fund accomplishes its missions through four priority areas:
- Celebrate and support teachers and students
- Promote college readiness, access, and success
- Pilot programs and initiatives to fill gaps in student learning
- Build capacity of local fiscally sponsored education programs
Over the years, the Ed Fund has provided $3M in teacher grants, $1.2M in student scholarships, and been at the forefront of collective impact efforts such as the Out of School Time Collaborative and College Access Network. Collectively, we have been able to increase access to college financial aid and fill the gap in quality summer programming.
While the work of the Ed Fund has made a difference, we remain a district where:
– 30% of 3rd graders read at grade-level
– 30% of ELL students are reclassified by 6th grade
– 10% of African American students are proficient in math
– 40% of graduates meet A-G college requirements
Given the challenges facing our district, the Ed Fund board has increased its commitment to expand its partnership with WCCUSD and collaboratively work to bring in needed resources to support the vision laid out in the District’s Roadmap 2022.
The new Executive Director will have the opportunity to lead the Ed Fund into a new stage of growth, partnership, and results that improve social and academic outcomes for WCCUSD students. This will be done with a focus on increasing education equity, thereby understanding how race, class, immigration, language, gender, sexuality, and ability impact education outcomes. The ED will strength its partnership with the Board of Directors and WCCUSD leadership in driving a bold vision to vastly increase funding and program services for students and their families. The short-term goal is to double organizational revenue over the next few years. This person will lead the Ed Fund’s external engagement with students, families, communities, local decision-makers, funders, and other organizations. The new ED will hold and execute an idea around organizational evaluation to understand and share our value proposition. He/she/they will also inspire and motivate a small team of staff, interns, and volunteers toward progress on our strategic plan and recruit and train additional staff as needed. The Ed Fund
The Ed Fund Board is looking for a candidate that represents many of the following attributes:
- Experience in education, community engagement/development, or a related field.
- Experience as an effective fundraiser with the ability to ignite a diverse set of donors to invest in the mission of the Ed Fund.
- Strong understanding of school, district, and community partnerships.
- Entrepreneurial spirit able to grow programming and organizational mission.
- A passion for West Contra Costa students or community with similar demographics, with an understanding of the challenges and opportunities using an equity frame.
- Ability to foster and support a strong internal team and board culture where staff and board feel connected and energized about the work.
- Track record of significant success in engaging and “closing” a diverse group of donors and funders to support both short and long-term financial stability and growth.
- An understanding of how to engage political and community stakeholders in efforts to support increased educational outcomes for our students.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey the Ed Fund’s mission, vision, and outcomes.
- Ability to set direction and manage the relationship with the Board of Trustees.
- A college degree required aligned with the Ed Fund’s approach and values.
Benefits include fully paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) for employees and their dependents and generous paid leave (vacation, sick, and holidays).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Nominations and applications, including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and your resume (in Word or PDF format) should be submitted to: EDSearch@edfundwest.org. More information about the Ed Fund can be found at www.edfundwest.org. The preferred deadline with first read is September 28th and we will review resumes until position filled.
Cultivating a diverse and inclusive team is an essential component of the Ed Fund’s commitment to advance equity. Candidates of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.