Details: part-time 8-15 hrs per week at $20
5 Sturgis Corner Drive
This part-time position of Grant Manager with Bur Oak Land Trust is a position that is supervised by the Executive Director and requires interaction with board members, volunteers and donors. The person in this position will coordinate the preparation and submission of an AmeriCorps grant. Pending the outcome of the grant funding decision, this position may become the full-time Bur Oak Land Trust AmeriCorps Program Director beginning September 1, 2019.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for familiarity with the AmeriCorps State Planning Grant and Iowa AmeriCorps State Grant.
· Provides support services for Bur Oak Land Trust regarding the administration of the AmeriCorps State Planning Grant and the preparation of a proposal for an AmeriCorps State Grant. Including coordination and oversight of the all aspects of the grant preparation and submission- budget construction, narrative writing, adherence to requirements and regulations of Iowa Volunteer and CNCS, entry of application into online system for state and federal government.
· Maintains records and completes reports for the grant application.
· Communicates well with Bur Oak Land Trust Grant Writer, staff, volunteers, and the staff at Volunteer Iowa
Requirements of Grant Manager
· Must be a positive, organized, motivated self-starter who has strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be attentive to deadlines and details. Work efficiently under the pressure of deadlines. Able to quickly come up to speed on the grant requirements.
· Proficient in a Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint and Publisher.
· Ability to organize procedures, interact with vendors, assist in grant writing, efficiently carry out tasks associated with managing a grant.
· Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with diverse groups within Bur Oak Land Trust, the community and Volunteer Iowa.
· Offer new ideas and implement original or shared ideas to streamline day-to-day activities.
· Support the mission and values of Bur Oak Land Trust.
· Preferred experience managing a federal grant and/or grant management.
· Preferred experience with AmeriCorps (as a member or coordinator).
· Preferred familiarity with environmental organizations and issues.
Accountability, Evaluation and Compensation:
· This is an 8-15 hour/week position starting at $20.00/hour with potential to work into a full-time Program Director position in 2019. Application deadline 8/15/18 with start date 9/4/18.
Possible option of full time 9/1/19.
Minimum Education Required