The Founding Director of School Operations (Founding DSO) will begin their journey in 2021-2022 at a current DREAM school to execute and learn about the organization's operational leadership model, while preparing to launch a founding school for the 2022- 2023 school year. Initially reporting to the Managing Director of Operations in 2021-2022 and eventually reporting to the Principal in 2022-23, the Founding DSO will serve as a building leader, responsible for leading and executing all non-instructional school needs. They will work in partnership with the Founding Principal to develop an operational vision, expectations, and strategy to a new DREAM school supporting the Principal with all non-instructional school needs and collaborating with the Founding Principal to prepare to launch a new DREAM school. They will lead all aspects of school operations, including safety, talent management and development, administration, building readiness, events and trip management, compliance, procurement, food and transportation services, student recruitment, school schedules, and the student information database.
This is an exciting opportunity for a team player who enjoys thinking strategically and systematically to build, lead and continuously improve school operations in a fast-paced environment dedicated to driving excellent student outcomes.
- Develop and execute on operational systems for the founding school and build upon these systems as it scales to full capacity;
- Collaborate with the Network Director of Student Recruitment to oversee student recruitment, enrollment and lottery processes to meet annual student recruitment and enrollment goals;
- Manage and develop operations team, including conducting performance reviews, identifying strengths and weaknesses, coaching, and delivering feedback;
- Manage procurement including developing inventory systems, setting expectations with staff for orders, and ensuring that staff has necessary materials at all times;
- Implement emergency protocols including training all staff on building and network wide protocols;
- Manage safety protocols and on-site compliance (including COVID protocols);
- Collaborate with the talent team to hire School Operations staff and manage them to execute operational excellence;
- Liaise with network office staff to effectively oversee assessment, attendance, and school compliance;
- Manage/liaise with food services, IT, facilities, maintenance, nursing & emergency procedures, and security;
- Build and support school systems and routines, including arrival, late pickup, lunch and recess, and processes supporting instruction;
- Support Principal with managing school budget, including overseeing procurement and tracking expenses;
- Support Principal with school scheduling logistics, including planning for testing and events;
- Support with planning and implementation of team-wide events, including but not limited to professional development sessions, team-building events, and org-wide occasions;
- Collaborate with Directors of School Operations across the organization to build organization-wide school operations procedures and practices.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum three years of school operations experience, preferably with people-management responsibilities;
- Demonstrated project management experience;
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a do-what-it-takes, flexible attitude;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences (including colleagues, students, and families);
- Ability to lead with a learning and solutions-oriented mindset, and demonstrated ability to persevere through challenges;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/W7172RUwVNRnsXqxIjqny" />