Details: 12 hours a week, $15 an hour
2030 Sansom Street
Our organization, run primarily by volunteers, seeks a part-time administrator. This job is designed to be 12 hours a week at $15 an hour.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain the Philadelphia Shambhala Center’s database and website related to programs and events, creating pages for new programs and updating existing ones
- Send email announcements/communications about individual programs/events and weekly/monthly digest announcements
- Create, print and distribute flyers for events/programs
- Oversee the creation, professional printing and distribution of cards and posters for select programs/events
- Monitor the Center's email account, snail mail and the Center's voice messages
- Update and manage the Center's Facebook page
- Be physically present in our space, helping create a welcoming environment
- Additional tasks as agreed upon
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One (1) or more years of experience working in an office environment, with communications and social media
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses the ability to work independently and efficiently without direct supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Social media proficiency
- Organized, trustworthy, efficient, personable, detail-oriented
- Strong computer skills; facility and ease in working with a variety of computer programs and applications
Free attendance at our classes and programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send to the email above with "JOB" in the subject line:
- Your resume.
- A short statement of why this position is of interest (300 words max).
- A reference we may contact with email, phone number, and stating what your relationship is to this reference.