COURTNEY’S HOUSE, INC
DROP IN - CENTER AIDE
Title: Program Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Operations
Courtney’s House’s mission is to provide a safe and loving environment for girls and boys between the ages of 12 and 21 who are survivors of sex trafficking. We are dedicated to addressing the overlooked issues of domestic sex trafficking by providing culturally competent essential services to survivors. Our vision is that every survivor of sex trafficking can receive survivor-focused, trauma informed, holistic services. The ideal candidate will possess advanced cooking skills, creativity, an outgoing and engaging personality, a great attitude and an organic ability to connect and engage with survivors.
Survivors, persons of Color and LGBTQI are strongly encouraged to apply.
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Drop-in Center Aide will oversee all maintenance and upkeep of the drop in center, in kind donations and some data collection of Courtney’s House drop in center services. Courtney’s House Drop in Center services include freshly prepared meals, daily activities, Drop in Center Closet (i.e basic necessities), showers, laundry facilities and a safe place to rest for a few hours for youth. In 2017, Courtney’s House Drop - In center served over 1,500 meals last year and provided over 500 pounds of clothing and hygiene products. This program is the cornerstone of Courtney’s House values - to provide a safe and non judgemental space for survivors to call their own. This position is fundamental to our work and paramount to principle that every survivor, boy and girl, are brothers and sisters - a family.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
A strong understanding of sex trafficking, domestic violence or sexual assault. A basic understanding of youth who have experienced the juvenile justice system. Possess advanced cooking skills (preparing a meal is apart of the application process). Availability to work every Saturday (except the 4th Saturday of each month). A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word. Must be comfortable with cleaning, grocery shopping (can lift at least 30 pounds) AND be able to pass a criminal background check.
Duties and Responsibilities:
COURTNEY’S HOUSE DROP - IN CENTER IS NON - RESIDENTIAL
- POSSESS ADVANCED COOKING SKILLS
- Possess a DC SafeServ Certification (may take assessment after offer of employment)
- Planning creative meal ideas for our Drop in Center “ Monthly Food Menu” for survivors daily (or as need be) and during support groups every Saturday (except the 4th Saturday of every month)
- Teaching the survivors about cooking and healthy eating, either during a coordinated class or as they express interest;
- Helping Courtney’s House survivor services coordinator oversee the survivors when they are at the Drop-In Center;
- Maintaining a safe environment for the survivors;
- Maintaining a positive attitude at work;
- Cleaning the drop in center on a daily/weekly basis and and conducting minor maintenance of the Drop-In Center;
- Coordinating with other organizations and companies to procure donated food for the survivors and/or center;
- Maintaining and organizing the donation closet;
- Helping with answering and directing calls at the Drop-In Center;
- Tracking and entering data in the database
- Conducting inventory of all drop in center supplies and donations
Courtney's House is an equal opportunity employer.
This position will have access to enroll in optical plans provided by DC Health Exchange.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish Speaking applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please read the entire announcement before applying. Partial application's will not be reviewed.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applicants that pass phase one of application process will be required to prepare a dish to demonstrate cooking ability. We will start conducting interviews ASAP.
Applicants must possess advanced cooking skills.