1201 Eye St., NW
District of Columbia
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a dynamic and innovative Head, Information Technology to provide leadership to a capable and service-oriented IT team that provides services to the Institute’s approximately 600 employees based globally. The successful candidate will responsible for the management, strategy and execution of IFPRI’s IT services infrastructure; managing IFPRI’s technology operations and ensuring compliance with standard and industry regulations. This is a 1-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment that will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, D.C.
- Provide management and leadership to the IT team ensuring efficient and effective functioning of all aspects of IT operations
- Oversee all technology operations, IT policies and systems to support the objectives and principles relating to the use of technology within IFPRI
- Build relationships with other CGIAR Centers IT heads and use shared ICT services and innovations where applicable
- Provide guidance and oversight of IT infrastructure to the field offices to ensure consistency with organizational standards and security protocols
- Develop and implement IFPRI’s IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, organizational standards and procurement
- Develop a training and management framework to protect IT, data availability, privacy and integrity, including developing and executing security plans
- Review network security controls, identify potential threats and weakness and measure performance utilization
- Offer innovative technology solutions
- Collaborate and coordinate with other service units (Facilities, Communications, HR, etc.) in performing integrated functions
- Create and manage annual IT budget including capital equipment plan
- Negotiate contracts with service providers to obtain the best value and cost savings for the services obtained
- Participate in F&A and Operations group meetings, sharing IT-related updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer/IT technical field plus eighteen years of relevant professional experience or master’s degree plus fifteen years
- Eight years of managing IT operations preferably for an international nonprofit
- Broad technical knowledge and understanding of emerging IT trends
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT, including data protection and privacy
- Demonstrated trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems
- Experience providing “hands-on” IT support
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Experience managing external partners and vendors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues and end-users
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas in user-friendly language in a diverse multicultural working environment
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Experience with Office 365, Active Directory, and Skype for Business
- Experience supporting internal events (workshops; seminars; and various productions)
- Experience in an international/non-profit organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and provide a complete resume, detailed letter of interest, and 3 references. For more information about IFPRI, please visit our websites at www.ifpri.org. EOE