Health Insurance Benefits Navigator
Southern Region: Charles, Calvert, St. Mary’s Counties
Seedco is a national nonprofit organization that advances economic opportunity for people, businesses and communities in need. Seedco provides program management for 10 counties with the Maryland Health Exchange. Navigators execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services, and conduct referrals between relevant entities, working with a team of one to four other Navigators. This position is full time with health, dental, vision, other benefits and generally works Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm with occasional evenings and weekends.
Seedco is an affiliate of The Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offering the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Complete State of Maryland Navigator training course and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
- Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance to all clients seeking health benefits;
- marketing and outreach within local communities about health insurance options through Maryland Health Connection and the Connector Program;
- Work independently, travelling throughout their assigned territory providing services in various locations as needed.
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality;
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes; and
- Provide assistance and data entry for plan enrollment in the Maryland Connector Program.
- Achieve performance targets, working closely with the Regional Associate and others to identify and overcome challenges.
- Bachelor degree required or equivalent experience; 2+ years’ related experience;
- Excellent computer skills; including familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to browse the Web comfortably;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills a must;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to put clients at ease while asking sensitive and personal questions;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Spanish language fluency strongly preferred
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs;
- Experience with database software;
- Experience working in a data-driven environment and a proven track record of achieving performance targets;
- Knowledge on Health Care options
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language fluency strongly preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject line “Hiring Manager”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.