Details: Hourly wage range
3 Salem Square
Administrative role providing programming, event, and general support for the ongoing success of the organization and constituents.
The Administrative/Program Assistant will work in a part-time capacity and will need to work both independently and in a team environment. This position is required to work primarily at the WPL LVGW Office but will be asked to cover the satellite office at 90 Madison Place when needed. Regular office hours are 9am-2pm weekdays. Administrative Program Assistant coverage is needed during regular office hours on a 4 or 5 day schedule. Occasional flexibility of hours is requested for an annual event or marketing on a weekend or evening.
Assistant reports to the Executive Director. She/he is responsible for providing support to both the Executive Director and the Program Manager. She/he also works in collaboration with our constituents to meet the organization operations and programming needs. This position requires maintaining a consistent presence in the office. Admin will regularly greet and assist ESL/ABE students, tutors and teaching staff; process callers and walk-in inquiries and refer to LVGW staff or other available community resources when appropriate. Special event or marketing assignments throughout the year as needed.
· Administrative Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, Constant Contact, Google Mail/Calendar, Phones, reception, and general database experience.
· Friendly and confident reception experience with bi-lingual skills preferred
· Communication including marketing and/or social media experience
· Multi-tasking, with ability to perform as an individual or as a team player
· Organized, responsible and professional
· English language proficiency required; Second language preferred
· English as Second Language/English Language Learners experience or knowledge desirable
· Associate Degree or higher preferred.
Eleven holidays, two vacation weeks and sick leave benefits are based on 20-hour position.
Level of Language Proficiency
English required, second language of Spanish, French or Arabic preferred.
Minimum Education Required