366 Somerville Avenue
We help build stronger families.
Parenting Journey is a nonprofit innovator of high-impact programs that partners with parents to build stronger families. To date thousands of parents have participated in Parenting Journey programs—more than 52,000 since 2007. Our programs have been replicated in nearly 500 locations across the U.S. and can be found in communities across MA, NY, DC, FL…and more!
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Parenting Journey is a national nonprofit organization headquartered in Somerville, Massachusetts with a chapter office in New York City. For over 35 years, the organization has sought to break the systemic cycle of parenting in poverty. We recognize that systemic injustices related to poverty and race prevent many parents from realizing the futures they, and their families, deserve. Our work is inspired by the belief that strong families are the foundation of vibrant healthy communities and that all parents have the power to build resilient families. Parenting Journey envisions a world where all parents and caregivers can build thriving families.
Parenting Journey partners with parents to realize their strengths through therapeutic groups that reduce stress and foster social networks, advocacy for equitable policies that benefit all families, and partnerships with other family-focused nonprofits. Parenting Journey’s acclaimed, high-impact parent programming is replicated at nearly 500 non-profit agencies across the country, and has impacted over 52,000 families in the last decade.
Parenting Journey seeks a dynamic, highly motivated, full-time, bilingual Office Coordinator (OC) for our national headquarters, located in Somerville’s Union Square. The OC will handle administrative duties, clerical activities and related tasks. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
The bilingual engagement coordinator/receptionist will assist with the day-to-day management of the lobby and reception, manage engagement and reception efforts, and oversee client intake process.
- Serve as the frontline, initial point of contact for clients and visitors to our office by welcoming on-site visitors, determining the nature of their business, and directing to appropriate personnel.
- Answer incoming calls, determine purpose of callers, and provide information or forward calls to appropriate personnel; take and deliver messages or transfer calls to voicemail when appropriate personnel are not available
- Respond to website contact submissions or forward to appropriate staff.
- Receive, sort, and route mail; assist users in photocopying and mailing projects.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with organizational rules and regulations.
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing and photocopying as assigned
- Open the building and close when groups are not in session.
- Oversee parent group intake scheduling and registration process.
- Liaise with facilitators and program manager to ensure clients receive timely communication.
- Manage Parenting Journey’s relationship with DCF.
- Provide data entry, clerical support and research for groups and training programs (as directed.
- Update contact and organization records in Salesforce when necessary.
- Track supplies and make monthly supply orders.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We seek a motivated, bilingual self-starter who is passionate about Parenting Journey’s mission. Important attributes of the OC include high integrity, sound judgment, dependability, enthusiasm, optimism, and the ability to value diverse perspectives and treat all persons with dignity and respect. She/he will possess excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills with strong attention to details, proven organizational skills and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently. Candidates must have a high level of proficiency with computers including using MS Office, databases and comfortable with online research tools.
- Minimum of two years related work experience
- Bilingual – English/Spanish required. Additional language skills in Portuguese or Haitian Creole are preferred.
- Associates degree or higher
- Well organized, highly detail-oriented and accurate, and able to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create and foster a healthy and positive work environment.
- Ability to work independently and provide the highest standard of service to clients, visitors, and guests.
- Experience in administrative work, office management, phone systems.
- Ability to successfully multitask.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- vacation, sick, personal time
- 10 holidays a year
- health and dental benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual – English/Spanish required. Additional language skills in Portuguese or Haitian Creole are preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Parenting Journey is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please email a cover letter and resume to Katie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. Desired hire date: June 25, 2018. For more information about Parenting Journey, please visit our website at www.parentingjourney.org.