1126 16th Street, NW
LOCATION: Washington, DC
CLOSED: Until filled
CONTACT: David Castro
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers at the national and local levels. For almost 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
UnidosUS is seeking a Senior Web Content Manager for its Washington, DC office. This position is housed within the Marketing and Communications department and will report to the Associate Director of Web and Editorial Content.
The Senior Web Content Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the content strategy and deliverables for the Progress Report website—an online destination that brings a Latino focus to state and national education issues. This role requires a mix of intense content know-how, great web productions skills, and strong familiarity with education issues.
As the main content lead, the Senior Manager will lead the development of the Progress Report website’s content strategy and implementation through digital tactics to:
· Strengthen the content of Progress Report
· Frame and amplify pressing education topics relevant to the Latino community
· Increase traffic to the website and collaborate with UnidosUS’s social media team for cross-promotion in social media channels
· Create content for social real-time influencer engagement opportunities
· Support strategies for UnidosUS’s leadership activities relevant to Progress Report
· Connect the organization’s offline and online education advocacy work
· Highlight the work and voices of Affiliates, UnidosUS program participants, and partner organizations
UnidosUS offers a collaborative, team-based environment that fosters a culture of ideas and debate. We approach our work from multiple perspectives and methods, understanding both the specific issues and the larger interrelated systems.
The Senior Web Content Manager will work closely with individuals across the organization’s components, in addition to working with local Affiliates, to source, brainstorm, and create original multi-format content that informs, connects with, and ultimately motivates and engages our audience to get informed and take action.
· Develop and implement a year-long digital content strategy with measurable and attainable goals.
· Collaborate with other departments, in-house experts, and external partners to create an effective content production and approval process.
· Track content against a calendar of internal and external education-related events in states and nationally; and against other important dates and timelines for education policy and advocacy.
· Arrange for coverage of UnidosUS education events to create original content for Progress Report and UnidosUS digital channels.
· Manage day-to-day operations and serve as editor for the Progress Report website.
· Identify relevant topics and develop simple, easy-to-understand, user-friendly content, while employing good search engine optimization (SEO) techniques.
· Assign and edit feature-length stories and photos with revolving deadlines to external collaborators as needed.
· Co-write and help produce graphic and video content for Progress Report, which can also be leveraged for UnidosUs’s main website and social platforms as appropriate.
· Work with external technical and/or web developer vendors as needed.
· Assist in the development of additional digital and social content as necessary.
· Manage website’s content and assets and identify content that can be cross-promoted on UnidosUS’s other web properties and digital channels.
· Plan and implement organic and paid content promotion tactics.
· Analyze and report on key performance indicators to determine content effectiveness.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least five to seven years of experience creating dynamic story-based materials, and developing and executing digital strategies and web content.
· Creative thinker who can conceptualize content with a good eye for detail.
· Strong understanding of advocacy and grassroots organizing and the use of digital media as a creative tool for engaging and motivating target groups to take action.
· Experience with online and social tools, blogging, social networking, and online campaigns.
· Proficiency with content management systems, preferably WordPress.
· Basic/intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred.
· SEO knowledge preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to generate creative, well-designed web, mobile, or social content
· Ability to convert complicated materials into consumer-friendly content.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
· Shows initiative and is able to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
· Familiarity with the Latino community, and education and social justice issues impacting Latinos.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please note: Only those applicants who submit a cover letter and writing sample along with a résumé will be considered for this opportunity. Please include “Senior Web Content Manager” in the subject line.
SEND COVER LETTER, WRITING SAMPLE, AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
Raul Yzaguirre Building
Attn: David Castro
1126 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036-4845
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.