Details: Competitive salary and benefits
630 Flushing Ave, 8th Floor
Green City Force’s (GCF) mission is to break the cycle of poverty, preparing urban young adults to succeed in their chosen careers by engaging them in service, training and work experiences related to the clean energy economy. GCF is seeking an energetic, organized, high-performing, and motivated individual to join our organization as the Office Manager. We are looking for someone who is passionate about social, economic and environmental justice, and recognizes the importance of administrative and operations function in supporting the overall impact of our work.
The ideal candidate has prior experience providing administrative and operational assistance in a dynamic office setting. Must demonstrate ability to take initiative, coordinate with others and follow through, all while maintaining a standard of excellence in all areas of work.
This position reports to the Managing Director
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Managerial
- Maintain professional and motivating office appearance, proposing and implementing new systems to improve organization and overall efficiency
- Manage inventory of office supplies, equipment, technology, and support procurement of new items as needed
- Lead design and implementation of document filing and retention systems, including digital conversion and management of GCF documents
- Liaise with building management and external vendors to support facility upkeep and operations.
- Manage bookings of external training and meeting sites, and service as primary point of contact with external partners on all matters relating to offsite meetings
- Provide logistics and administrative assistance to executive team, including some calendar and travel support, and credit card reimbursement documentation
- Manage logistics of talent recruitment, including posting, reviewing, and organizing job applications, and scheduling interviews, as well as maintaining records of all applicants with potential for future positions
- Support planning and execution of external events and meetings, including quarterly Board of Directors meetings, program graduation ceremonies,the annual Youth Summit, and staff retreats
- Manage special projects and new initiatives on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree
- Organized self-starter with demonstrated ability to create and implement new systems
- Excellent ability to consistently meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and turn around assignments quickly without compromising quality
- Willingness to work in a small, lean team of self-starters, and work through the weeds when crunch-time hits
- Experience with creating project plans, setting goals and deadlines, and keeping a team on schedule to meet deadlines
- Strong command of all Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong interest in national service, sustainability, youth development, public housing and low income communities
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Green City Force (GCF) is an AmeriCorps program that engages young adults from New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) communities in national service related to the environment. In doing so, we prepare them for sustainable careers, while serving to make public housing communities more sustainable and healthier, creating the green city we want to see. Green City Force’s large-scale service initiatives reach thousands of residents while creating a platform for our members to grow and lead. Through Farms at NYCHA, GCF teams grow and distribute over 20K pounds of organic produce in six public housing communities across the City. Love Where You Live has reached tens of thousands with sustainability education in homes. Since 2016, we have been expanding our social enterprise to create employment pathways for GCF graduates into good jobs in the clean energy sector. GCF’s EmPower team, entirely graduate-staffed and led, won an excellence award from NYSERDA in 2018 and GCF’s Illuminators are helping to retrofit NYCHA home by home. GCF graduates, who number over 400, are employed in leading companies in the clean energy and urban agriculture sectors. To learn more, please visit http://greencityforce.org/
GCF has garnered awards and recognition at every level, including Most Innovative Nonprofit in NYC. This is an opportunity to join an organization with a proven track record, strong growth potential, and a positive organizational culture for personal growth and collective impact as part of a dynamic team.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Green City Force is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Green City Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions, in accordance with state and federal law.
GCF is an Employer of National Service. We recognize the value of skills gained during national service and alumni of national service programs are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required