5825 Old Concord Road
Position: Development Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Hours: Full Time Exempt
The Development Director is responsible for the creation, coordination, and implementation of the development and fundraising plan for the Center for Community Transitions (CCT). This position will work closely with the Communications Director to develop messaging, on line platforms for development and event planning.
- Create and implement a comprehensive development plan to support the programs of CCT. The development plan will include, but is not limited to, relationship building and management, grant writing, overseeing the annual campaign, event planning, and online fundraising.
- Work with Executive Director, Board of Directors, and other staff as needed to create the annual revenue budget and fundraising goals.
- Monitor development activities for actual results compared to goals and provide monthly progress reports on development activities to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Maintain knowledge of current data, information, and trends as related to CCT’s mission and fundraising.
- Ensure that CCT’s development activities are in compliance with local, state and federal nonprofit guidelines, such as charitable solicitation license, posting financials, etc.
- Solicit and manage in-kind donations as needed for various CCT programs.
- Participate in Leadership Team meetings and activities.
- Participate in other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Board of Directors
- Serve as primary liaison to the Board of Directors for fundraising and development. The liaison provides coaching, encouragement, and support to board members engaged in fundraising.
- Coordinate the Board Development Committee and its participation in fundraising activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with faith groups, corporations, foundations, with a specific focus on individuals, using all stages of the fundraising cycle.
- Establish and implement acknowledgement processes for donors and volunteers.
- Oversee donor database to ensure accuracy and confidentiality.
- Create and implement data entry system to track gift processing, giving history, cultivation activities, gift acknowledgement, and all pertinent items related to gift processing.
- Produce and manage reports from the database to use for development activities for Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- CCT utilizes Sales Force database for development activities.
- Manage events in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications team.
- Secure sponsorships and manage donor/prospect participation in fundraising events.
- Represent CCT in the community at speaking engagements and outreach events.
- Manage all aspects of the grant proposal process, including the identification of new grant opportunities and the maintenance of existing and renewal grants.
- Coordinate data and content for proposals and reports as needed with Executive Director and Program Directors.
- Develop grant calendar to monitor proposal submissions and report deadlines.
Skills, Abilities, and Requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 years of fundraising experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop, cultivate, and steward relationships.
- Ability to maintain data and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work evening and weekends as applicable to fundraising activities that fall outside of regular work hours. Flexible work schedule is available provided that exceptional performance is maintained.
- Knowledge of Sales Force helpful.
Starting Salary range $45,000 - $50,000. Includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, Life and agency paid retirement benefits beginning January 2020.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required