Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
9159 Brookville Road
The holidays are extra special here at A Wider Circle!
This year we will coordinate our largest holiday program to date. We are excited to ensure that children and families in need get a chance to enjoy the holiday season.
This temporary position (September - December, with a possibility of remaining on board here) includes overseeing our regional effort through which individuals, families, and groups sponsor other individuals and families in need of support in obtaining holiday gifts. It is a beautiful process of matching those who wish to help with those who need a little help during this season.
The program is filled with dignity, connection, and even includes the creation of a North Pole here at A Wider Circle. This North Pole is one of a kind, and will be a place where the individuals and families coming for furniture and basic need items in December also get to shop (for free) for the holidays!
All of this work requires excellent organizational skills, unlimited energy, and the spirit of the holidays!
- Plan and facilitate special events and donation drives for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
- Facilitate the collection and packaging of Thanksgiving food items to distribute to our clients who visit the center in November
- Collaborate with DCHA to provide holiday gifts for children who live in public housing
- Coordinate family matches, where a donor matches the needs and wants of a family wishlist
- Coordinate the logistics around transporting donations to our neighborhood centers in Washington, DC
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to do what it takes to ensure our clients have an optimal experience
- 3+ years of professional work experience
- Experience in a non-profit sitting is preferred
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required