HAWC, Healing Abuse, Working for Change, Inc., creates social change by taking action against personal and societal patterns of violence and oppression. For the past 40 years, HAWC has provided free services and support to victims of domestic abuse on Massachusetts’ North Shore to help them make informed, independent decisions about their futures. The agency is well known in the Commonwealth for providing high‐quality, client‐centered and trauma‐informed services. HAWC staff takes pride in their innovative services and commitment to addressing domestic violence in the context of social justice – an approach that guides programming, clinical services, personal interactions, and staff hiring and development.
This 20 hour a week position provides crisis intervention, advocacy and referral services to victims of domestic violence in our Gloucester Office. Position reports to the Community Base Supervisor.
● Provide support, crisis intervention, advocacy and information and referral services to victims of domestic violence
● Complete intakes and follow up sessions with clients
● Provide follow-up telephone calls and services to victims as needed
● Completes statistical paperwork for each client contact
● Facilitate support groups
● Participate in meetings with other local agencies, such as, the High Risk Teams, DCF, and others
● Participate in outreach/tabling events from the local community
● Maintain a client caseload
● Participate in HAWC’s 27 hour training of new staff and volunteers
● Participate in after-hours On-Call rotation
● Attend regular supervision, Team meetings and all staff meetings
● Put into practice workplace and team values
● Work toward achieving team goals
● Able to flex hours to meet position responsibilities
● Must have access to transportation
● Bilingual/Bicultural Preferred (Portuguese Spanish speaking encouraged to apply)
● Commitment/experience working with victims of domestic violence
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Commitment to promoting cultural competency and social justice values
● Strong verbal and written skills
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Ability to multitask
● Creative Critical Problem-solving
● Motivated and resourceful
Minimum of one-two year commitment preferred.
HAWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and survivors of partner abuse are encouraged to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required