1216 Fifth Avenue
Department Summary: The Development Department is responsible for raising unrestricted support for the Academy which is accomplished through foundation, corporate and major gift support, special events (a major annual gala) and planned giving efforts.
Position Summary/Overview: The Donor Relations Coordinator provides support to the Individual Giving Manager by ensuring that donors experience high-quality interactions with The Academy that foster engagement and long-term investment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Individual Giving Manager in implementing the President’s Society and Stewardship Plan.
· Enhance online donor experience by managing Classy software -- implementing new designs and messaging; assuring donor giving transactions and corporate matching gifts process operates smoothly.
· Assist the Assistant Director of Development with foundation applications and provide support for the Academy Sponsorship Program.
· Work on donor recognition including the Annual Report donor list, Name Your Seat plaques and other opportunities.
· Follow the progress of donations for the life of the agreement by providing accurate and timely reports on the impact of gifts.
· Generate mailing lists from Salesforce, assist in list cleaning and coordinate donor mailings.
· Track pledges and monthly gifts to ensure on-time payment.
· Work with Development Administrative Assistant to insure data integrity and periodic list scrubbing.
· Assist in the preparation of prospect profiles that provide interests and estimates of financial capacity to guide the solicitation of prospects.
· Help to identify potential donors from online databases, internet sources, and printed materials.
· Workflow point person for department projects with Communications, Library, Policy and Fellows.
· Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
· The ability to establish priorities and complete work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated record of successful follow-through on tasks and goals.
· Strong organizational and time-management skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
· Excellent relationship-building and project-management skills.
· Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate persuasively, both orally and in writing.
· Competence with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce and online giving software and willingness to learn new technologies.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Psychology or related field.
· At least two years of experience in development.
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by clicking on the link.