As a key member of the program leadership team, the Director, Clinical Services will lead clinical and residential program teams to provide holistic, faith-based day center and emergency shelter services for men and women experiencing homelessness. The Director will train and supervise the team of Social Workers, Ambassadors, and Community Life staff across two sites, who work collaboratively to create a hospitable, safe, person-centered and trauma-informed environment for each guest. Director will oversee assessment and intake processes to facilitate client progress and coordination of services between programs. Director will develop external partnerships to support an effective continuum of care, provide clinical supervision and lead interdisciplinary meetings with social workers, counselors, and graduate interns.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as key leader responsible for compassionate care and emergency services at historic Bowery and Tribeca locations of The Bowery Mission.
- Ensure adequate training, and supervision of site leadership and staff teams.
- Oversee all day center activities to engage motivation and build trust-based relationships with guests.
- Work across program teams to achieve census and outcome goals.
- Ensure that services are clinically and ethically sound to address client needs, including but not limited to mental health and addiction recovery needs.
- Provide regular in-service trainings to inform effectiveness and standards of care.
- Lead team to achieve excellence in hospitality and physical safety, including fire safety and crisis intervention.
- Develop, monitor and adjust budget(s) to maximize resources.
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
- Embraces organization's Statement of Faith
- 7 years’ experience managing clinical teams
- Experience with population served or similar settings
- NY State Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Relational leader with proven team building skills for both clinical and operational teams
- Compassionate and skilled clinician with experience in treatment and recovery processes for trauma and co-occurring disorders
- High integrity and strong decision-making skills
- Preferred certifications include: Mental Health First Aid, Non-violent Crisis Intervention, and trainings in Motivational Interviewing and Trauma-informed Care