Details: Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
6860 Cortona Drive
We are looking for an experienced fundraising and marketing professional to join an amazing team working on building affordable homes in Santa Barbara!
Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Our local
affiliate, Habitat for Humanity of Southern Santa Barbara County (HFHSSBC), partners with
families in our community to help them build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable
HFHSSBC seeks a Development Manager to lead our fundraising efforts. The successful
candidate must think and act strategically and will possess integrity, professional credibility as a
successful fundraiser, outstanding written / verbal communication skills, and a thorough
knowledge of best practices in this field. The ideal candidate is a person who thrives in a
dynamic environment and wants to combine professional achievement with a passion for
enriching the lives of others.
Reports to: CEO
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
● Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
● Significant related experience may substitute for a higher degree.
● At least two years of experience in fundraising.
● History of creating and implementing comprehensive strategic fundraising plans.
● Experience with budget development and monitoring.
● Outstanding presentation and communication ability.
● Ability to comfortably interact with diverse audiences including donors, Board members,
and community groups.
● Excellent planning and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set
priorities and meet deadlines.
● Strong collaborative skills: ability to work as a leader and as part of a team.
● Proficiency with software tools such as Microsoft Office and donor databases.
● A strong sense of personal faith and a commitment to community service.
● Willingness to support the mission and principles of Habitat for Humanity International.
● Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate fundraising, volunteer, and external
events and meetings.
● High ethical standards, good judgment, diplomacy and tact.
● Develops and implements a fundraising strategy, including grants, donations, and events.
● Plans, implements, and manages all fundraising activities including annual giving and
capital campaigns, special projects, social media and other related solicitations.
● Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards individuals, corporations, faith groups and
foundations to secure support for Habitat.
● Works with CEO to develop strategies for major gifts.
● Develops a comprehensive planned-giving program.
● Assists with donor relations: gift acknowledgment, pledge fulfillment and gift renewals.
● Oversees Grant Manager.
● Plans and manages special events.
● Serves as staff liaison to Events Committees.
● Works closely with the CEO and PR Committee to develop a public relations plan and an
advertising plan to promote Habitat's mission.
● Works productively with CEO and Campaign Committee to create and implement a
communication and promotional plan for the capital campaign.
● Designs and oversees production of all major publications, including the newsletter,
annual report, fundraising letters, and pledge program materials.
● Implements digital outreach strategy with website and social media.
Development Office Infrastructure
● Creates office systems to support all development projects and operations.
● Oversees the management of databases and all records, files, and gift processing.
● Manages the pledge reminder and acknowledgment programs.
● Recruits and leads volunteers to support the development program.
Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full-time
position with a comprehensive benefit package, including health care, vacation, and retirement.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and
walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and
temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise,
dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office
equipment available. Ability to lift 10 lbs.
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefit package, including health care, vacation, and retirement.
Minimum Education Required