Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A state-certified school social worker with a passion for counseling youth and providing individualized interventions.
- An excellent communicator, with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively to a variety of stakeholders.
- A graduate of a master’s degree program in social work at a competitive college or university.
What You’ll Do
- Provide individual and group counseling mandates to our scholars/families.
- Help scholars cope with personal and psychological issues that affect their school performance, behavior, and socialization.
- Provide information for and/or referrals to outside support services or agencies to help scholars deal with economic, emotional, or physical challenges.
- Assess scholar independent functioning skills toward possible referrals to outpatient treatment/counseling/support options.
- Assess possible abuse and neglect cases to appropriate emergency intervention organizations.
- Assist teachers and administrators in dealing with behavioral or attitude issues by communicating with scholars to find the causes of their distress.
- Develop and implement professional development training for educational staff and parents as requested.
Salary range is $57,000-$80,000 commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Minimum Education Required