Details: Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience offered.
The Center for Excellence in Education (CEE), an internationally renowned education non-profit established in 1983 and located in the Tysons Corner area, seeks a full-time Manager for its USA Biology Olympiad (USABO) program to begin employment September 1. The USABO enriches the life science education of nearly 10,000 talented students annually.
Manager is responsible for overseeing the coordination and administration of all aspects of the USABO program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, budgetary accountability, and implementing program activities. Tasks include outreach and dissemination; screening program applicants; monitoring all program databases; overseeing the completion of school, district, and state vendor agreements; managing mailings, document development, and purchasing; soliciting questions and developing exams; developing and directing 2-week training program off and on site with host institution and staff; identifying instructors for training program based on needed expertise; contracts development for instructors.
Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience offered. Information about CEE and the USABO may be found at http:www.cee.org
• Successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in STEM education (high school and/or university level)
• Master’s or PhD degree biological sciences preferred
• Program experience preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical and organization skills
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
• Applicant must be able to travel during the summer for two two-week period.
• Flexible full-time work schedule
Application requirements due by August 15:
• Cover letter
• Resume/curriculum vitae
Minimum Education Required