Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
About Jericho Project
Inspired by the belief that transformation can occur in every individual, Jericho Project was founded in 1983 to help New York City address and end homelessness among men, women, and families. Jericho Project steadfastly works to advance its mission by creating a community that inspires individual change, fosters sustainable independence, and motivates men and women to reach their greatest potential.
In its 33-year history, Jericho has grown from its genesis as a small housing program to a comprehensive agency providing over 400 units of supportive housing, as well as significant life changing services to over 2,000 homeless and at-risk adults and children throughout New York City.
About the Position
The Case Manager will provide direct services to verterans, including those who were formerly homeless with histories of substance abuse, mental illness, PTSD and those atrisk of homelessness. The Case Manager will carry a caseload of approximately 15-20 veterans with the purpose of supporting, counseling and advocating in areas of the individuals’ lives requiring assistance such as daily life skills, budgeting, transitioning to civilian life, family re-unification, referrals to services both internally and in the community.
Case Manager will be required to have frequent contact, but not limited to, weekly or monthly face to-face meetings, telephone conversations, aftercare contacts, e-mail and other electronic exchange with colleagues is expected.
- Provide direct case management services and apartment visits. Case management services will include mental health and substance use assessments, developing and updating service plans, assistance with obtaining public assistance, Social Security benefits/entitlements and other publicly available resources that may be beneficial to the tenant.
- Implement groups with a focus on life skills, education and support, relapse prevention and mental health counseling.
- Complete referrals to medical, mental health, and other outside providers.
- Coordinate and document clinical case management and psychosocial services while also documenting the overall effectiveness of the case management services provided. Case Managers will develop an Individual Service Plan and review the plan periodically for efficacy.
- Collaborate with Workforce Opportunities Staff to assist tenant in developing and realizing employment related goals, where applicable.
- Ensure compliance with organizational and funder regulations and documentation.
- Case management assessment and services will be informed by Motivational Interviewing and Harm Reduction approaches.
- Coordinate aftercare services and follow-up contacts for post-discharge updates.
- Conduct outreach and engagement including apartment visits and inspections.
- Participate in community development efforts such as Community Meetings and supporting the residence in establishing partnerships with other providers in the community.
- Work with Property Management staff to assist tenant to meet terms of their lease including timely payment of rent and avoidance of any nuisance behaviors.
- Provide all services in a manner that respects cultural differences amongst tenants.
- A Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational, writing, communication, and computer skills.
- Some relevant experience working with low-income or homeless populations.
- Candidates must be self-starters with the skills and energy to work within the community.
- Experience working with veterans a plus.
- Billingual a plus.
Jericho Project offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Job Code: Case Manager, Kingsbridge Terrace
245 W. 29th Street, Suite 902
New York, NY 10001
No telephone calls please.
Jericho Project is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring
practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse
Job Type: Full-time