520 S. Grand Avenue
Shelter Partnership, Inc. is seeking an experienced professional with strong financial skills who enjoys a diversity of administrative responsibilities for a staff of 13 at two locations (administrative office and 108,000 square foot warehouse facility). The successful candidate will be highly dependable, professional in handling confidential information, skilled at budgeting and accounting, and will pay superior attention to detail. This position reports and provides support to the Executive Director and Development Director.
· Manage day-to-day financial transactions for a $1.3 million annual operating budget, including accounts receivable and payable, general ledger maintenance, manage payroll utilizing an outside vendor, and bank reconciliations.
· Invoice city, county and affiliate program partners for a diverse array of service contracts; assist with assuring contract compliance; assist with allocation of expenses to multiple private funding sources.
· Generate monthly financial reports to be presented to the board of directors.
· Prepare records and reports needed for the annual audit.
· Administer employee health plans, 401(K) plan, and other benefits. Keep accurate employee records, including timesheets.
· Negotiate and manage vendor relationships and accounts for insurance, telephone systems, office equipment, and all other services.
· Administrative duties to assure smooth operation of the office and warehouse.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Strong team player with strong interest in our mission to end homelessness. Must be focused, detailed oriented and have good judgement.
· Highly proficient in computer software applications, including Word and Excel and prior experience with an accounting software package is required. Mac experience a plus.
· Understanding of cost allocations and payroll experience preferred, particularly with ADP programs.
· Strong office administration skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
· Experience with property and/or facility management a plus.
Shelter Partnership offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, vacation and sick time, and a 401k plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred. Minimum of two year's nonprofit experience in an administrative and financial capacity.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should forward a resume with a cover letter to:
Shelter Partnership, Inc.
520 S. Grand Ave, Ste. 695
Los Angeles, CA 90071 email@example.com
The Position will be held open until a suitable candidate is found.