Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full
potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens.
REPORTS TO: Unit Director
LOCATIONS: Multiple positions available at two sites: Paterson, NJ and Passaic, NJ When applying, please list which location you would like to apply to.
JOB SUMMARY: The Youth Development Specialist plans, implements, and supervises
members, and evaluates activities and outcomes with a specific program area,
supporting our priority outcomes areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles,
Good Character and Citizenship.
Candidates must be available to work either a morning
(7:15am - 12:30pm) or afternoon (12:30pm - 5:30pm) shift Monday to Friday
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Promote & stimulate program participation
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members to assure conduct, safety and development of all members.
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for drop-in members and visitors
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure Club and child safety quality and good appearance of the branch at all times. Track and assess outcomes through periodic activity reports
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly unit staff meetings
- Provide support for youth education through virtual school work assistance and homework help.
- Ensure the physical and emotional health and safety of Club members at all times.
- Responsible for creating and upholding behavior standards and consequences for youth throughout the Club.
- Promote and stimulate program participation; while ensuring the five key elements for positive youth development occur daily: fun, supportive relationships, safe and positive environment, opportunities and expectations and recognition.
- Help maintain facilities and equipment to ensure a productive and clean work environment, reporting major issues to supervisor.
- Maintain close professional contact with all staff members, supervisor, and volunteers to communicate on Club operations and the needs of members.
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the unit at all times.
- Work with Club staff to prepare periodic activity reports and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area.
- Assist with food service in the Club, following all Food Bank/Health Dept. safe food handling protocols
- Additional Responsibilities as needed
- High School graduate or GED
- At least one year of experience in similar youth program preferred
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Demonstrated ability to deal with the general public
- Ability to implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Must pass background check
- Acts with a high degree of professionalism and has a good work ethic
- Managing Performance: Interacts respectfully with clients and co-workers
- Values the full spectrum of diversity and inclusion
- Must have reliable transportation
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, chaotic and loud environment.
- Ability to push, pull, climb, reach, stoop, lift, grasp, balance, walk, hear, read, see, and verbally communicate.
- Ability to use the telephone, computer, fax.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to lift up to50 pounds occasionally