The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (www.ihi.org) is an independent not-for-profit organization that works with health care providers and leaders throughout the world to achieve safe and effective health care. IHI focuses on motivating and building the will for change, identifying and testing new models of care in partnership with both patients and health care professionals, and ensuring the broadest possible adoption of best practices and effective innovations. Based in Boston, Massachusetts, IHI mobilizes teams, organizations, and increasingly nations, through its staff of more than 100 people and partnerships with hundreds of faculty around the world.
Reporting to the Accounting Director, IHI's Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for the accurate and timely processing and payment of invoices and ensuring that effective internal controls are in place to protect the company's assets. This generalist position entails a variety of additional accounting responsibilities and works closely with other members of the Finance team.
- Maintain integrity of Accounts Payable system and weekly/daily sub-ledger posting to the general ledger.
- Develop, document and enforce accounts payable policies and procedures with a focus on increasing cash flows and adhering to proper internal controls.
- Continuously improve the accounts payable process and related activities, leveraging available and new technologies where appropriate.
- Oversee processing of high volume invoice entry, payables audit process and check printing.
- Process payment cycles including checks, credit cards and ACH payments.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of GL postings.
- Manage the corporate credit card program, fixed assets and purchasing.
- Train non-Finance staff on purchasing procedures.
- Participate in technology implementations as needed.
- Support and perform other duties as assigned by the Accounting Director
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of accounts payable.
- Corporate credit card and purchasing card program experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office; highly proficient in Excel.
- Strong work ethic with ability to maintain and safeguard confidential information.
- Highly motivated, driven and willing to try new concepts.
- Team player with good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints to meet specific deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, political beliefs, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.