179 Boylston St., 4th Floor
Grassroots International seeks a dynamic, highly-organized team contributor to provide administrative and executive support. The full-time Administrative and Executive Assistant will report to the Director of Administration and Finance as a key member of a three-person administrative team. This position is based in our Jamaica Plain (Boston), MA office, where our current staff consists of 15 full- and part-time employees.
Grassroots International connects people in the US with global movements solving the root causes of poverty, inequality and climate change. We are a trusted link to communities building power to protect their rights to land, food, and water for the well-being of people and the planet. Grassroots International works in partnership with social movements to create a just and sustainable world by advancing the human rights to land, water, and food through global grantmaking, building solidarity across organizations and movements, and advocacy in the US.
Reception and information flow:
- Receive visitors, respond to communications, and represent organization
- Retrieve and distribute mail, and route calls, email, other communications
- Assist with general correspondence and provide public information
Executive and Board support:
- Coordinate Executive Director’s (ED) calendar and daily schedule
- Make travel arrangements for ED and Board; manage meeting & event logistics
- Assist with research; prepare briefing materials for ED, Board, and others
- Support ED expense reporting
- Provide other clerical, administrative, and project-based support to the ED, Board, and others
Financial recordkeeping and support:
- Record donations and other payments
- Prepare payments and maintain financial records
- Provide clerical support; organize and maintain records
- Ensure upkeep of office space, resources, equipment, supplies
- Help staff with travel, meetings, facilities, equipment, and other needs
- Strong understanding of Grassroots’ mission and commitment to social justice
- Previous administrative experience; ability to draw satisfaction from administrative and executive support role
- Experience managing complex logistical assignments under deadline
- Proven attention to detail; ability to grasp and follow procedures consistently
- Strong verbal skills; active listening and clear expression; careful reading; crisp writing
- Solid computational skills; experience with financial recordkeeping and organizing physical and electronic files
- Competency with office technology and applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, search, and online applications
- Proven team contributor; high desire to support team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with diverse co-workers, volunteers, vendors, and others
- Sound judgment; discretion with sensitive information
- Record of honesty and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Excellent benefits, including health, dental, disability, paid vacation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish useful but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and a cover letter detailing interest and relevant experience to:
AEA2018@grassrootsonline.org with “Admin/Executive Asst” and your name in the subject line, or mail to: Grassroots International, attn: Admin/Executive Assistant Search Committee, 179 Boylston St, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130. Please note where you saw listing.
No phone calls please. Email applications preferred. Position open until filled.
Grassroots International is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.