Details: $14-$15 per hour
280 Saunders Road
Part-time position, week day afternoons and evenings (3-6pm or 6-9pm)
About the Position
An exciting and fun opportunity working with teens and young adults awaits the right person at CEL’s after-school programs. The After-School Activity Instructor works with the Program Supervisor to lead innovative social, recreational and educational activities for teens and young adults with developmental disabilities. Classes and activities include cooking, sports and games, arts and crafts, and much more. The After-School Activity Instructor helps to ensure the programs run as directed so that members learn new skills, connect to the community and have fun through meaningful experiences and relationships.
Additionally, the After-School Activity Instructor serves as an appropriate role model for members and should act in a professional manner – showing respect to all members, staff and stakeholders. CEL believes that everyone’s unique contributions and differences are respected, member rights and confidentiality are honored and a person-centered philosophy is practiced.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR one to three months related experience and/or training.
- At least one year experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to understand and speak English clearly and fluently.
- Ability to be creative and flexible with groups.
- Must have strong teamwork, communication and effective time management skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Please include relevant work/volunteer experience with individuasl with developmental disabilities, sports/recreation facilitation, leading activities, or additonal relevant experience.